- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Nov 17
Senior Financial Engineer
Location: New York, NY, USARole / Responsibilities:
We are looking for a seasoned financial engineer to join our modelling team, which is responsible for all the models and scorecards used in the rating process.
This is a good opportunity to join a growing team where you will be expected to participate in the development of credit rating models and scorecards and assist with documentation, oversight and maintenance of some of the rating agency's models and scorecards.
- Apply statistical theory and methods to collect, organize, interpret and summarize data to support the development and implementation of fundamental and structured finance credit rating models and scorecards for Moody's to be used in the credit ratings process.
- Conduct econometric and statistical analysis to support selection of credit rating model, scorecard factors and key drivers of default and recovery.
- Conduct r esearch on credit rating model and scorecard development and calibration techniques .
- Work with rating analysts, methodology development teams, the approval group and IT to design, develop, test, maintain and implement new and existing credit rating models and scorecards.
- Build statistical models and prototypes and perform econometric modelling utilizing VBA, Matlab, C++, R, Stata or other statistical packages.
- A nalyze corporate balance sheets, prepare statistical reports and other applied data analysis to support selection of model and scorecard factors supported by data or economic theory.
- Document credit rating models and scorecards and test implementation of models and scorecards .
Department / Team:
The successful candidate will join a growing Credit Strategy and Standards team that works to improve the quality and consistency of Methodologies, Credit Rating Models and Scorecards.
- Strong academic background, MSc or PhD in relevant areas like Statistics, Mathematics, Financial Engineering, Finance, Economics or related quantitative field and 3-5 years of work experience.
- Experience applying econometric analysis, building Internal Rating models, credit models or related occupation involving development and maintenance of modelling tools for credit ratings process .
- Developing, testing, implementing and documenting credit rating models and/or scorecards;
- Conducting analysis and research on scorecard and model development techniques;
- Ability to work effectively and contribute within a diverse team, managing own workflow and priorities to meet deadlines;
- Proficiency with statistical and programming packages (e.g. C++, C#, MATLAB, Stata, R, VBA) and experience with database programs (e.g. SQL);
- Excellent oral and written communications skills. Ability to present technical material clearly and concisely tailored to stakeholders with different technical background
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available atwww.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.