Senior Financial Analyst - Research
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen. What's the role?
At Bloomberg Finance we are committed to providing world-class support to our business partners by providing insight on business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership. We are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join our Research CFO team supporting our BloombegNEF and Bloomberg Intelligence business areas. You will work as part of our larger finance team supporting the Editorial and Research organization. You will be responsible for using our extensive data sources to provide both solutions to urgent business questions as well as build tools that serve longer term needs. Reporting to the CFO Team Lead, the ideal candidate will be a self-starter able to work in a fast-paced organization with great attention to detail and strong reporting and analytical skills will help you be successful in this role! We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Provide a broad range of financial and operational support to the Research organization while working and partnering with finance team leader.
- Establish relationships with key business contacts, working closely with clients to define financial and operational reporting needs.
- Working with Research CFO team leader, help business leadership identify commercial growth opportunities and future product development priorities and drive strategic recommendations and decision-making.
- Together with the team leader, work with the Research businesses to prepare clear, metric-based operating budgets and financial projections for areas of responsibility.
- Identify ways to enhance the efficiency of existing processes, and propose improvements to streamline the collection, use, and presentation of data
- Provide deep dive analytics around against targets, sales force coverage, pipeline and rep productivity.
- Manage, build and optimize information gathering processes on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Monitor monthly close, analyze performance against forecasts and operational metrics, as well as historical revenue, expense and headcount trends.
- Manage ad hoc special projects or analysis including revenue, market opportunities, sales metrics and/or operational analytics for decision support to management.
Does this sound like you?
- 5 to 10 years of financial planning and analysis experience
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance
- Experience partnering with business leadership on developing strategic plans
- Proactive self-starter
- Comfortable with learning new systems / technologies
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and financial modeling skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player with ability to deal with changing priorities
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.