Senior Financial Analyst - Global Talent
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
At Bloomberg Finance we are committed to providing world-class support to our business partners by providing insight on business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership. The Human Resources CFO Team is responsible for all aspects of financial planning, analysis and reporting of operating expenses & business metrics, and provides a unique opportunity to work on special projects for senior stakeholders, that have a direct impact on the entire organization. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Deliver relevant management reporting including business performance, financial results and variance analysis in a timely and consistent manner.
- Develop creative analyses and processes that support efficient operations and strategic objectives of several departments.
- Establish relationships with senior business leaders and partner with them to develop value-add analyses and insights to further business goals (including developing, tracking and reporting hiring plans, assessing the impacts of technology projects, and developing and reporting recruiting analytics to provide transparency and accountability that will drive efficiencies and improved performance in the hiring and talent development processes)
- Develop a thorough understanding of Human Resource departments, headcount and position management and end-end processes.
- Collaborate with departmental CFOs and HR leaders to evaluate and advise on Human Resource strategies that will drive efficiencies and improved performance
- Manage monthly close process and streamline workflows to create efficiencies and enhance financial reporting and analysis.
- Oversee annual operating budgets, quarterly forecasts and other ad hoc projects (e.g. Headcount Analytics, Impact of Intern Program, Company-wide Training and Employee Life-Cycle/Career Development & Succession Planning Analyses)
- Evaluate industry developments, market trends, and economic news to determine financial and business impacts.
- Conduct in-depth industry benchmarking, company and market trend research, and peer analysis
We'd love to see:
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance; MBA a plus
- 5 to 10 years of experience working as an analyst in a corporate environment partnering with client teams to drive critical outcomes
- Experience working in a dynamic, large company environment with executive exposure
- Extensive analytical, financial modeling and Excel skills
- The approach of a proactive and organized self-starter
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage budgets, projects or process change as well as understanding of GAAP and relevant accounting standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to work on a team with shifting priorities and responsibilities
Does this sound like you?
- Experience in Human Resources financial planning analysis/budgeting/forecasting
- Proficiency in SAP or similar systems
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.