Senior Financial Analyst - Capital Management
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Corporation
- 15 Oct 18
Senior Financial Analyst - Capital Management
This role is predominately focused on: Capital Management
Capital is the foundation upon which Bank of America runs its business, invests, takes risk and generates returns for shareholders. The Enterprise Capital Management (ECM) team was formed in 2011 to provide expertise in the management of the Company's capital position. The group was created in response to the evolving regulatory environment including the implementation of the Basel III capital framework. In addition, ECM was formed to execute the annual Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR) stress tests administered by the Federal Reserve Bank (FRB) on the largest Bank Holding Companies
The Capital Calculations & Line of Business Capital Management team is part of the Enterprise Capital Management organization. The primary focus of our team is to analyze and communicate Regulatory and Economic Capital, including calculation of pro forma capital for any upcoming regulations (e.g., Fundamental Review of the Banking Book (FRTB)). Our business partners include the lines of business, Market Risk, Finance and Middle Office, Technology
Key priorities for our team are monthly reporting of Regulatory and Economic Capital, design and produce reports of capital and RWA, variance commentary, ad-hoc impact analysis.
The candidate will join a dynamic environment that offers numerous opportunities to learn, grow, impact and drive changes for the Company. In particular, the candidate will:
- Be familiar with the capital requirements under different Basel regimes and their practical application for the Company and major U.S. Legal Entities
- Be responsible for directing calculation, reporting and/or analysis activities to support the Bank's Capital Initiatives. Activities may include analyzing regulatory capital results; interpreting regulatory requirements in the context of a business problem; developing solutions; managing and/or executing implementation.
- Be involved in advising on capital matters regarding new transactions
- Be responsible for more complex finance activities around capital calculation, reporting and/or analysis to support the Bank's Capital Initiatives. Supports achievement of business goals by working on more complex activities or projects within the unit and with partners.
- Be responsible for understanding line of business reporting for Global Markets businesses' covering a holistic view of regulatory capital, economic capital, capital return metrics and financial statement analysis
- Be responsible for investigating and explaining period over period capital and balance sheet movements
- Focus on team coordination and process improvements working with internal and external technology partners
- Work closely with business partners and finance to resolve capital questions and communicate capital usage
- Assist with estimating the capital utilization for new transactions and products and assisting the businesses in assessing the impact on return metrics. Liaise between the business and internal ECM policy on optimizing structures for appropriate return metrics
The team is composed of employees located mostly in New York, Charlotte and San Francisco.
Enterprise Role Overview:
Responsible for more complex finance activities around capital calculation, reporting and/or analysis to support the Bank's Capital Initiatives. Must have a thorough understanding of Basel III. Can work independently. Supports achievement of business goals by working on more complex activities or projects within the unit and with partners.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 5-8 years of experience in a financial organization as a financial analyst
- 2+ years' experience with financial instruments and products traded within the Global Markets business or experience with Credit Risk/Market Risk, Traded Products from a capital perspective
- Strong financial analysis skills
- Advanced Excel and data manipulation skills
- Experience in preparing concise and effective presentations, including the ability to explain results of complex analysis at a level that resonates across many different audiences
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence at all levels of the organization
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge of Basel III regulatory capital rules
- Experience with SQL and working with large databases
- Python experience
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week: