Assists leadership with VNS Health analysis and budgeting activities, focusing on data analysis, budget preparation, adhoc analysis, financial planning, and cost containment. Also assists with the development of consolidated executive and board level reporting. Works under general direction.
- Assists leadership with financial analysis activities using budget planning tools. Reviews financial plans and supports the preparation of annual operating budgets.
- Assists with the production of budget, monthly operational review, finance committee and board packages.
- Ensures that input and changes to budget data for assigned areas of focus are correct. Produces summary of changes by each area after budget completion for review and sign-off.
- Assists in the design of Hyperion and Workday based elements such as reports, dashboards, forecasting, and input forms. Supports on-going updates and/or adjustments.
- Supports ongoing performance monitoring efforts. Prepares supporting schedules, to be used in monthly financial dashboard and key performance indicator reports. Assists management with analyses of major variances between budget/forecast plan and actual results across indicators including: Staffing, Program Volume, OTPS, Performance Indicators, as well as Productivity and Performance/Activity Measures.
- Acts as an HR liaison for management with regional program directors to prepare monthly staffing ratio reports, FTE’s reports, NC capacity reports, and FTE variance reports.
- Leverages tools with statistical, financial and benchmarking data to develop projections of financial results; analyzes results to identify spending trends, cost reductions and program issues. Collaborates with staff in other finance areas and other departments to verify expenditure and performance data and related findings.
- Keeps the team members informed through meetings and provides status reports on status and progress of assignments.
- Designs and delivers management key performance indicator reports, and analyzes trends at level of care, channel, referral source, payer and other levels.
- Utilizes financial planning systems to assist in the development of enterprise wide quarterly financial forecasts and annual budget. Works with developer and appropriate finance staff on required updates.
- Develops and analyzes business plans for new programs, creating Income Statement, Cash Flow and ROI. Reports to leadership on project profitability and risks. Tracks viability of new programs through the design and implementation of performance indicators.
- Provides leadership and guidance to new and less experienced staff members.
- Performs operational cost efficiency analyses identifying opportunities to streamline workflows, reduce redundancies and identify barriers. Maintains benchmarking analyses.
- Assists in the design of financial systems elements such as reports, dashboards, forecasting, and input forms. Supports on-going updates and/or adjustments.
- Works with program FP&A teams to analyze and track payer rates, unit costs and payer level profitability. Analyzes prospective changes to Medicare, Medicaid and Managed Care payer rates and presents financial impact summary to leadership. Works collaboratively to achieve rate improvements and identify areas for rate enhancements.
- Prepare necessary documents for external and internal auditors.
- Participates in other special projects and other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Administration or related discipline required. Master's degree in Business Administration preferred.
- Minimum four years progressive experience in finance related positions which includes accounting, budgeting, financial analysis, or financial planning required.
- Demonstrated high level proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Windows Excel, PowerPoint and Word), and ability to work with on-line databases and data warehouses required.
- Effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Experience with Workday and Adaptive preferred.
Apply link: https://jobs.vnshealth.org/job/manhattan/senior-financial-analyst/1238/29799815776