Senior Financial Analyst
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
At Bloomberg Finance we are committed to providing world-class support to our business partners by providing insight on business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership. We're looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to support our Finance function. Reporting to the team lead, the ideal candidate will be a self-starter able to work in a fast paced organization and handle sensitive Company information with discretion. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Establish relationships with key business contacts, working closely with clients to define financial and operational reporting needs.
- Provide operational support to business by providing insight, feedback and recommendations on various business workflows and resource models.
- Own the monthly close process for areas of responsibility, including analysis of key expenses and preparation of select journal entries.
- Perform monthly reporting and analysis of resources for various functions and departments
- Prepare monthly financial reports for finance leadership and key business customers (e.g., variance analysis and key operational metrics.)
- Work with business units to prepare clear, metric-based operating budgets and financial projections for areas of responsibility.
- Develop and maintain models and analyses to aid in the validation of financial forecasts and for special projects.
- Participate in the development of presentations for Senior Management, both on a regularly scheduled and ad hoc basis.
- Assist in the design and development of key financial processes and internal controls.
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency of processes, streamline collection, use, and presentation of data.
- Support periodic audits of internal controls.
Does this sound like you?
- A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Economics or Finance
- 8 to 10 years of financial planning and analysis experience
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles
- Excellent analytical skills and fluency using Excel
- Communication skills and ability work effectively with clients across the business
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel, PowerPoint & Word.
- Ability to work effectively on cross-functional teams or independently.
- A keen eye for the details
- Strong judgement and ability to be a self-motivated team player in our dynamic matrix structured environment.
- Working knowledge of SAP
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.