Senior Extranet Engineer
Technology Services Group (TSG) is the technology enabler for our firm. Our services provide a strong, resilient, and stable platform to host business processes while enabling innovation
Our TSG Engineering teams are focused on providing stable, scalable, and robust infrastructure for the firm while leading the strategy of our integrated engineering solutions. The Role
We are seeking a Senior Extranet Engineer
to provide technical leadership across a wide range of technology projects that enable business functions, including our international eXtranet(s), DMZ, and datacenter modernization efforts. You will be a highly visible member of the team, working broadly across the bank to accomplish align projects, identify risks, and solve systematic problems.
This is a key element in our cyber defense structure, protecting the banks digital capabilities. You will be responsible for setting direction for the bank's cyber security for network-based and endpoint-based technologies. Key Responsibilities:
- Providing technical design and strategy across a broad network and infrastructure project portfolio
- Developing Business Requirements into Technical solutions and creating actionable architecture designs
- Provide Leadership in engineering and design team as SME across a wide range of technical topics including Routing, Load Balancing, Firewall, Hardware, Software, Protocols, Transport, Financial Applications, Security
- Identifying technical deficiencies in designs, developing solutions, and driving them to completion
- Drafting and delivering technical presentation materials to technical and non-technical audiences
Building and maintaining strong technical relationships with teams throughout the bank Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred
10-12 years of diverse experience in multiple areas of information technology required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
- Experience developing and deploying enterprise scale network architectures
- Strong knowledge of network protocols, technologies, and designs
- Experience deploying and managing 3rd party client and vendor extranets and DMZ networks
- Experience with common network technologies such as route/switch, firewalls, BGP, VRFs, IPSec, DMVPN, DNS, and MPLS
- Experience with load-balancing technologies, including route based load balancing, application load balancers, GTM/GSLB load balancers
- Exposure to next-gen network technologies such as SD-WAN, ACI, VXLAN, and network virtualization
- Experience developing and deploying network automation.
Manages a medium to large-sized or multiple small teams responsible for designing and developing solutions to application problems, system administration issues, or infrastrucutre concerns. Directs systems management and integration functions. Defines the methodology of the department and plans management and engineering releases. Develops business plans and implements long range projects. Directs implementation and maintenance activities for multiple computer system software and configurations. Implements, integrates and provides support for middleware software in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment, dealing with development projects that have a broad impact across the organization. Develops metrics to qualify and quantify success and value to the business. Advises application development leadership in identifying and solving highly-critical middleware issues. Serves as a resource on middleware issues related to policies and standards that impact middleware specialist and application support staffs across the corporation. Develops, maintains, and implements the configuration management plan, procedures, and the execution of all configuration matters. Evaluates new technologies for the company environment and coordinates with technology vendors that span multiple technology and infrastructure areas. Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team. Manages one or more infrastructure operations teams. Contributes to the achievement of team objectives. Maintain senior level business and operations relationships to ensure business needs are addressed.Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives MODIFIED BASED UPON LOCAL REGULATIONS/REQUIREMENTS Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred 10-12 years of diverse experience in multiple areas of information technology required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.