Senior Executive Assistant
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- CLS UK Intermediate Holdings Ltd.
- 09 Nov 17 2017-11-09
Prioritize conflicting demands, handle matters expeditiously, proactively and follow-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
Role – major duties and responsibilities
- Calendar Management – effective management of appointments. Arrange meetings (internal/external), involving multiple diaries and different time zone Maintain a busy schedule/calendar that often changes rapidly, inclusive of booking and rescheduling multiple meetings, and understand dependencies between meetings
- Ensure that the CRO is prepared for meetings with all required materials, and documents are distributed to meeting participants
- Travel logistics and coordination - organize complex domestic and international travel arrangements, including processing visas when necessar Connect with relevant travel agencies, create detailed itineraries and compile materials for travel related meetings
- Attend to CRO’s emails, follow up and/or proactively delegating to the proper party
- Prepare correspondence memos, reports, PowerPoint presentations and other communications as directed
- Prioritize conflicting demands, handle matters expeditiously, proactively and follow-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Expenses – accurate and timely processing of the CRO’s expenses and his team using the Concur web portal
- Actively liaise with the FRBNY and Board of Governors as needed, and coordinate regular meetings for the CRO
- Provide back-up support for CEO’s assistant, including calendar management, phone coverage, travel booking, material preparation, and additional duties as needed
- Demonstrate ability to work with highly sensitive and confidential information in a discrete and professional manner
- Provide phone coverage to primary executive(s)/team, and coverage for other EAs and their teams when required
- Perform other additional duties as needed.
- Flexibility for overtime when needed.
Experience – essential / desired for successful job performance
10+ years of solid executive assistant experience in a Financial Services, Consulting or FRBNY, with at least 5 years at C-suite level
Qualifications / certifications- essential / desired for successful job performance
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
Knowledge, skills and abilities – competencies required for successful job performance
- Strong written and verbal communication skill Able to communicate verbally to all levels within the organization as well as with external clients while using active listening skills to determine the needs of internal/external "customers”. Demonstrated ability to write effectively via email and written reports
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skill Clear focus on the relevant detail of workload, communications and deliverables. Excellent follow-through skills
- Demonstrate sound judgement handling competing priorities and potential conflicts
- Ability to build relationships - demonstrate a friendly and approachable demeanor with all internal
- and external contacts
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to assertively leverage internal and external contacts to achieve results, creates an active network of contacts
- High level commitment to excellence and ability to perform to the highest standards
- Ability to provide flexible support during key times of the year
- Ability to handle pressure calmly and work with minimum supervision
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills in English, along with strong emotional intelligence
- Time management - is able to plan work efficiently to ensure own deadlines are fully achieved
- Organizational skills - able to assess needs of and offer support to multiple customers without letting work falter, enhanced prioritization skills, discipline in follow through. Multitask effectively
- Service oriented - provides a consistently helpful service to all internal and external customers, asks effective questions to explore the needs of internal/external customers
- Team oriented/collegial
- Effective in managing expectations and communication regarding deadlines and workload priorities
- Advanced knowledge of and proficiency with Microsoft Office systems (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).