NY-based sell-side investment bank is looking for an experienced Java Developer to join a technology team that is developing low latency multi-threaded equity algorithmic execution applications. The firm is building its own equity microstructure execution models and needs a Java developer with 5+ years of experience.
The objective is to develop an internal proprietary equity execution platform.
• Design, develop and enhance low latency (100 microseconds client to exchange) Equity Algorithmic trading container and Smart Order Router systems
- The Candidate will work with a team to analyze existing equity trading programs and enhance, develop, and build better state of art smart order routing electronic execution models.
- This is a position for a hard-core developer with a practitioner's understanding of algorithmic execution models who can also implement their ideas in code.
- Computer Science Degree strongly preferred
- 5+ years of solid equity algorithmic execution software developer experience
- Experience building Java systems with high-performance requirements (latency and throughput)
- Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Strong Java programming skills (SQL, Python)
- Experience with multi-threading and concurrent programming
- Ability and interest in working in defining and building new software for equity execution strategies
- Experience in market microstructure research, order placement modeling, or trade signal generation
- Superior knowledge of equity micro-market structures
- Superior communication skills to work with sales, traders, and clients
Our Client would like to see candidates from some of the larger bulge bracket firms or equity algo execution vendors who are looking for a unique opportunity to work on new software development projects that require you to work closely with sales and trading to build customized solutions for the firm’s clients.
Keywords: Java, Equity Execution Models, Algorithmic Trading, Execution strategies, Smart Order Routing, Pairs, Java Developer, Software Developer
Please send resumes to Jim Geiger email@example.com