- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 17 Jul 18
Senior Engineering Lead - Equity Derivatives US Structured Products - Director #114641
The Equity Derivatives business is in growth mode. The technology organization requires a Structured Products engineering lead to work directly with US sales, traders, quants, and other developers to strategically extend and industrialize the current US client facing, pricing, and STP applications to align globally with other regions. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced senior technical leader who wants to be a hands-on contributor on a high profile re-engineering buildout with business focus.
- End to end ownership of US structured products pricing and STP services, covering structured notes, secondary market making, and ETNs.
- Design and architecture of platform for scalability and robustness
- Faceoff with sales and trading desk heads
- Ownership of development operations (deployment, unit/ functional testing, agile processes, support. etc.)
- Build out and management of development team in near-shore site(s)
- Direct management of 6-8 developers, business analysts, and project managers
- Management of projects outsourced to vendors
- Interaction with release/environments team for consistent, high quality deployment
- Long-term tech strategy of structured platform (e.g. usage of cloud technology, MicroServices)
- Ensure projects meet CS software lifecycle processes
- Facilitate team and client meetings effectively.
- Escalation of key issues to senior management
- 5-10 years of technical management experience on complex large scale, distributed platforms
- 10-15 years of active development on transactional/ trading systems
- Expertise in an object oriented programming language (C#, java, C++)
- Hands-on experience with Agile development methodologies
- Solid software development background or understanding of software development principles
- Background with front-office trading or other fast-paced environments, ideally with Equity Derivatives expertise
- Proven ability to communicate with both the business and technology
- Successful track record of delivering working software
- Desire to implement robust, flexible, scalable tech. processes that evolve with a growing, global business
- Attention to detail and devotion to deliver quality
- BS in Computer Engineering or similar technical subject
The ideal candidate will have worked on trading floors and understands the fast-paced, intense nature of the business. It is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a growth strategy & to make an immediate impact on the bottom line of the business.