Senior ESG Research Analyst - New York
We are working alongside a leading asset manager in New York who are seeking to add an experienced ESG analyst to their team. As the company grows, they are looking to add a senior analyst to their already established ESG research team who cover a range of asset classes. This is a varied role that requires significant experience within ESG, withstanding this they are open as to whether your experience was gained at an investment bank, hedge fund or asset management firm. Within the role you would be responsible for:
• Working with the research and portfolio management teams to facilitate integration of ESG factors into their investment decisions.
• Establish ESG data best practice and procedures - also to provide technical ESG assistance
• Focus on measuring and tracking overall ESG AUM/Flows/Indexes (including index change activity)
• Work alongside Risk Management in the assessment of ESG risks within investment portfolios
• Support client-facing teams in responding to client ESG-related inquiries, selectively responding to and/or meeting with clients
• Remain up to date on ESG trends and disseminate key findings within the fund. Provide subject matter expertise on new and emerging ESG topic areas - including understanding global trends, regulations, and new analytical approaches.
• Support the successful implementation of the firm's overall ESG investing strategy A Candidate Should Possess To be considered for this role, you must:
have a strong academic background
5+ years' experience in ESG/research
Experience conducting financial modelling and other quantitative analyses
Strong working knowledge of Excel, SQL, VBA .
The successful candidate will have a focus on the Environmental aspects within ESG and subsequently a demonstrable passion for responsible investment and sustainable development is advantageous.
Please note- you must have approval to work in the USA to apply for this job as VISA support is not offered.
To be considered for the role, please send your CV in WORD format to firstname.lastname@example.org