Senior Director of Quality Engineer
As the Senior Director of Quality Engineering of S&P Market Intelligence, you will drive the Quality Engineering strategy, process and execution for MI's all major platform and services and head a global team that focuses on the development of a robust quality engineering process and practices. Responsibilities
We are looking for someone:
- Lead a high performing global team of Quality Engineers with the required leadership, influence and analytical skills
- Develop a quality engineering practice that thrives in finding problems before our users do and that finds innovative ways to break systems.
- Develop quality test infrastructure across multiple channels including web, mobile, service layers, back-end, and integration
- Form cross-functional partnerships, and work closely with developers and product managers to identify productivity, production quality and coverage issues, and provide insight on improving both through scale and tooling.
- Implement test infrastructure across multiple channels including web, mobile, service layers, back-end, and integration
- Develop load, stress and failure testing methods to make our systems more robust and resilient.
- Additional duties as follows:
- Develop a Quality Assurance Management strategy, framework, tools and implementation plan for daily quality assurance for MI platform and services
- Single Point of contact to ensure that ALL global Programs are on track as planned. Key person for Planning, Execution and delivery End to End, facing the senior management for risks/Escalations when plans fall through the cracks. Strategist who can bring the status from Red to Green.
- Plan, manage and oversee the design and implementation of quality assurance measurement programs tailored to identify daily reporting issues and associated controls. Develop metrics i.e. heat maps, dashboards, Senior Management packages, monitoring etc.
- Develop and implement sampling methodology used to determine reporting and related control processes that will be subject to the quality control reviews.
- Develop and implement testing criteria and reporting. Testing will be conducted on a continuous basis and will be highly controlled with required monthly and quarterly testing results reporting. Reporting will be provided to senior members of Business & technology, Internal Audit, and Operations and Risk Management.
- Escalate failed controls and ensure root cause analysis' are performed timely.
- Evaluate exposure of control deficiencies and ensure effective and timely control remediation plans are established (i.e. Corrective Action Plans, etc.)
- Prepare clear, concise and accurate documentation, reports of work performed and other written materials; read, interpret, explain and apply critical thinking.
- Engage with senior management to report, escalate issues and review/present exceptions on a monthly basis to the Account Services Senior management & Quality Assurance head and other senior stakeholders.
- Ensure divisional processes and procedures are implemented and kept current.
- Ensure sufficient time zone coverage across globally to facilitate ongoing interaction between the quality control, development and production teams.
- Research and resolve issues; provide recommendations; escalate to senior management, as needed.
- Lead and deliver local staff forums, present global, regional and location news and updates so that team feel engaged in the progress of the organization
- 10+ years of experience with 8 years of experience of running quality assurance for large scale, modern web platform and services for a global audience
- Quality first mindset with a strong background and experience with developing products for a global audience at scale
- Excellent analytical thinking, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with strong ability to influence both IT and business partners
- Familiarity with Infrastructure-as-Code, AWS Services, with particular emphasis on those that are heavily used when providing DevOps Automation solutions
- Financial services industry experience will be a plus but not necessary
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research, and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit: S&P Global Market Intelligence .
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.