Senior Director, Strategy and Business Intelligence
Fitch Solutions delivers credit market data, analytical tools and risk services to the global financial community. In addition to offering proprietary market-based content, Fitch Solutions distributes the ratings, research and financial data of Fitch Ratings through a variety of flexible platforms. With innovation and experience behind every solution, Fitch Solutions helps financial professionals meet the diverse and evolving needs of today’s global markets.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions, along with Fitch Learning and BMI Research, are part of the Fitch Group, a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is wholly-owned by Hearst.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer, complying with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which operating, and provide equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and other status protected by applicable laws.
Reporting to the CFO, Strategy and Business Intelligence (SBI) provides strategic advice and support to all of the businesses within the Fitch Group. Working closely with the business units, the team develops and executes solutions to deliver improved business results including growing revenues, developing new products, improving productivity and enhancing the reputation of Fitch Group. Using a data-driven approach, SBI is also responsible for analysing the success of strategic initiatives around the firm.
The team is tasked with helping to build a strategy that aligns Fitch Group’s objectives but maintains the flexibility to meet individual business group needs.
- Driving change to generate competitive advantage
- Comprehensive strategic analyses of Fitch Group operations, client engagement and commercial platform
- Internal consulting for Fitch Group business units, based on a data and metric-driven approach
- Centralized reporting - design, develop & maintain reporting infrastructure that can support and inform senior management across the Group
- Data quality management - provide critical oversight of data integrity and consistency
- Competitor Intelligence
Reporting to the Head of Strategy and Business Intelligence, this position plays a key role in helping to drive the long–term strategic objectives of the Fitch Group.
The successful candidate will take ownership of significant strategic projects. Using large data-sets from multiple sources, he or she will deliver actionable insights for decision makers in the organization.
The Senior Strategy Analyst will also play an important role in ensuring the business is executing and delivering on strategic initiatives through influence and ownership of the performance metrics.
The successful candidate will be highly collaborative, able to manage multiple internal stakeholders and add value to the organization by delivering recommendations that enhance the Fitch Group’s business.
Key objectives will include:
- The development of business cases to evaluate new corporate initiatives Collaboration with individual business units across the Group to define objectives, set key performance metrics, and establish project approach
- Analyse and communicate meaningful conclusions
- Market and competitor research to understand macro-economic trends, strategies and performance of competitors (traditional and new), industry sectors, clients and geographic markets
- Become a thought leader and subject matter expert for specific analytics-driven business problems.
- Assemble strategic insights into presentation materials for Executives
The ideal candidate will have:
- 7+ years’ experience of analysing data sets, spotting trends, organizing results effectively and proposing solutions
- Clear and concise communication skills; able to tell a compelling story using data and quantitative metrics
- Prior experience of working in a similar environment (strategy, consultancy, business intelligence, analytics)
- Institutional financial services or debt capital markets experience preferred
- Proven ability to collaborate with stakeholders
- Ability to prioritise and transition across projects.
- Excellent academic qualifications
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch’s credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the code of ethics and conduct page - http://www.fitchratings.com/web/en/dynamic/about-us/code-of-ethics-and-conduct.jsp