Senior Director, Primary Business Segment
JobDescription : The Role
: Senior Director, Primary Business Segment Location:
This is a Global Role and open to all locations globally. The Impact:
The Senior Director, Primary Business Segment will pioneer a business model differentiating customer experience in the market for our "Primary" client segment. This role will design and build the processes, infrastructure and roadmap to support a high volume of lower ACV relationships using a tech-enabled, self-serve customer journey model that meets the unique needs of this customer base. This role is responsible for retaining and growing ACV across this client segment. This role will provide direction, leadership and implementation of the strategic objectives including building a leadership team and managing team members across multiple global locations. This role will collaborate closely with senior leadership across Commercial and Product to develop the strategy and create the operational framework to best serve this client segment. Responsibilities:
Pioneer and Evolve the Primary Business Segment Strategy
- Design strategic business plan to retain and grow our Primary customer base in developed markets with an innovative, tech-enabled approach tailored to the preferences of this customer.
- Focus on relationship management and NRR in 2020; investigate options for incorporating new business responsibilities in 2021+
Design and Build the Infrastructure and efficient logistics.
- Partner with Commercial Platforms to create a technology roadmap to enable the account team's productivity and provide a more self-serve customer journey.
- Establish the infrastructure to support small business customers at scale. Build team operations, processes, and incentives to drive customer satisfaction and commercial productivity gains.
Recruit and Lead the Team
- Leveraging our existing talent pipeline and global centers, establish a new team with specialized capabilities for supporting our Primary customers. Develop staffing plans, including a management structure, relationship management team and support staff.
- Coordinate with Education to develop training programs to support this function.
- Coordinate with People team to define performance standards, delineation of responsibilities, etc
Delight our Customers
- Work with Client Experience and Marketing teams to create user-led product training materials and develop approach to mass, customized communications aligned to the customer journey
- Work with Commercial leaders and Champions teams to develop an approach for handing off newly signed customers to Primary account stewardship
- Develop a framework for monitoring customer growth to find new sale prospects and/or identify Primary accounts whose needs have grown to the Core level
- Coordinate analytic, strategic and technical resources to meet client expectations and insure satisfaction,
- Longer term, investigate Primary strategy for developing markets, including local language support
Manage and Grow the Business
Minimum and Preferred Education
- Work with executive team across Product and Commercial to finalize the book of business; set budget targets and business objectives
- Communicate progress, risks and timelines to Executive team and all stakeholders.
- Lead team to deliver against ACV targets, customer experience goals, and team KPIs.
- Deliver results against a defined scope of work that includes measurable ROI, strategic innovation, performance reporting, and human capital development,
- Insure compliance with regulatory agency guidelines and standards where required
Minimum and Preferred Experience:
- BS degree in business, finance or a related field required. Advanced degree, professional certification, MBA or equivalent experience preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in Sales and Relationship Management, Product Management, Commercial Operations or other customer focused roles required, with 15+ preferred.
- Preferred experience includes 5+ years of people management experience and some combination of Product Management or Project Management experience, Complex sales commercial experience, Diagnostic/ consultative sales aptitude, Sales Management experience, specific understanding of go to market and marketing channel strategy concepts, and experience with servicing global clients.
- Experience in designing and deliver technology solutions to deliver on business results.
- Ability to quickly and flexibly deploy resources to manage change and sustain change momentum when issues arise.
- Ability to communicate a compelling/inspiring vision and clear goals in a transparent way so everyone understands the rationale for change.
- Ability to engage with Senior Executives and peers on important, controversial issues and build a compelling case to change this minds when necessary.
- Ability to effectively and succinctly communicate and recommend best potential course of action with all levels.
- Strategic planning and ability to translate operationalize and execute on business goals.
- A global mindset and the ability to integrate the same into business processes to drive business results.
- Creative and innovative thinking skills, sound and thoughtful decision maker
- Solid Project Management Skills and the ability to execute projects in a complex, matrix global environment while maintaining focus on the business and its customers
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.