Senior Director Financial Systems
At Fitch, we have an open culture where employees are able to exchange ideas and perspectives, throughout the organization, irrespective of their seniority. Your voice will be heard allowing you to have a real impact. We embrace diversity and appreciate authenticity, employees work in an environment where they can be their true selves. Our inclusive and progressive approach helps us to keep a balanced perspective.
With our expertise, we are not only creating data and information, but also producing timely insights from every angle to influence decision making in this ever changing and highly competitive market. We have a relentless hunger to innovate and unlock the power of human insights and to drive value for our customers. There has never been a better time to make an impact and we invite you to join us on this journey.
Fitch Group is seeking a Senior Director of Financial Systems. This manager will be responsible for a global SAP portfolio of financial & reporting systems. S/he will be responsible for helping develop financial systems strategies, managing projects and ensuring smooth day-to-day operations of ongoing financial operations. S/he will be responsible for the ongoing maintenance of the SAP ecosystem and related financial systems to support all Fitch businesses (Fitch Ratings, Fitch Solutions and Fitch Learning).
This role reports to the Head of Business Systems within Fitch Group's IT organization. S/he will manage a team of staff, onshore and off-shore consultants. This position will work closely with multiple business partners across Fitch:
- Ratings BRM team (business relationship management)
- Sales teams across Fitch Solutions and Fitch Learning
- Learning & Development This role is responsible for managing SAP and other financial systems that support Fitch Group. Specifically these applications include:
- SAP ECC, BW and EPM
- Business Object and other Business Intelligence tools used to access SAP data
- SAP Concur - Fitch's travel & expense system
- 3rd party banking systems
- Interfaces between SAP and Fitch's operational systems...
o Multiple payroll systems
o Success Factors
o financial applications
- Several Non-SAP/internally developed financial applications ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES SAP strategy development :
- Develop and execute an SAP technology roadmap in partnership with Fitch Group's business leaders and other key partners
- Keep current in new products and trends from our major vendors and competitors ERP/CRM systems
- Ensure that Fitch Group is following Industry and SAP best practices
- Provide thought leadership across Fitch Group on how to best leverage existing ERP and investments in financial systems Project Implementations:
- Provide overall leadership on SAP and financial systems related projects
- Ensure projects and activities are scrutinized and vetted for long-term strategic fit, documented, coordinated, planned and executed in an effective, timely, and financially responsible manner.
- Establish project vision and business case
- Develop reliable, timely budgets for projects and recurring application maintenance expenditures for executive approval
- Develop implementation strategy and provide overall direction
- Select, negotiate and contract with partners for licenses and implementation services
- Manage initiatives from inceptions to successful completions with metric to measure success. Operations: Day-to-day Management:
- Drive and lead operations support focusing on billing, revenue recognition, procurement and accounting processes
- Work closely with business stakeholders to prioritize activities based on business needs
- Develop deep knowledge of related business and technology capabilities to drive value
- Oversee technical system availability, including coordinating patching and upgrades, security and DR scenario readiness
- Collaborate with Fitch Group IT peers and leaders for infrastructure and operations support
- Support audits and regulatory reporting
- Ensure that business partners are well supported
- Manage staff and consultants
- Negotiate and manage vendor contracts related to financial systems
- Establish and manage to budget SKILLS/EXPERIENCE:
- At least 15 years of experience in ERP systems (At least 10 of which in SAP with core Record to Report experience)
- Ability to provide thought leadership around finance technology strategies, financial operations and reporting strategies
- Proven track record of building and leading global leams (30+ headcount)
- Strong understanding of industry best practices and tools
- Proven ability to lead ERP projects
- Deep knowledge in various SAP ERP modules, predominantly Finance, Order to Cash, Procurement etc.
- Experience with numerous EPM reporting tools, data warehouse and consolidation tools, preferably SAP BPC
- Experience in SAP Integration to up and down stream systems
- Experience in additional SAP portfolio beyond ERP and BW - SAP Concur and SAP SuccessFactors are a plus
- Experience with working in cloud environments, preferably AWS
- Experience in managing offshore delivery teams
- Excellent communications and presentation/writing skills
- Bachelor's degree. MBA and equivalent Masters degree is a plus
Position will be NYC based. Limited travel required
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites: https://www.fitchbohua.cn/ | www.fitchratings.com | www.fitchsolutions.com | www.fitchlearning.com
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.