Senior Director, Financial Systems
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws.
Fitch Group is seeking a Senior Director of Financial Systems. This manager will be responsible for a global SAP portfolio of financial & reporting systems. S/he will be responsible for helping develop financial systems strategies, managing projects and ensuring smooth day-to-day operations of ongoing financial operations. S/he will be responsible for the ongoing maintenance of the SAP ecosystem and related financial systems to support all Fitch businesses (Fitch Ratings, Fitch Solutions and Fitch Learning).
This role reports to the Head of Business Systems within Fitch Group's IT organization. S/he will manage a team of staff, onshore and off-shore consultants. This position will work closely with multiple business partners across Fitch:
- Ratings BRM team (business relationship management)
- Sales teams across Fitch Solutions and Fitch Learning
- Learning & Development
- Executive Committee
This role is responsible for managing SAP and other financial systems that support Fitch Group. Specifically these applications include:
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES SAP strategy development
- SAP ECC, BW and EPM
- Business Object and other Business Intelligence tools used to access SAP data
- SAP Concur - Fitch's travel & expense system
- Commission system
- 3rd party banking systems
- Interfaces between SAP and Fitch's operational systems...
- Salesforce.com CRM and Apttus CPQ
- Multiple payroll systems
- Success Factors
- financial applications
- Several Non-SAP/internally developed financial applications
- Develop and execute an SAP technology roadmap in partnership with Fitch Group's business leaders and other key partners
- Keep current in new products and trends from our major vendors and competitors ERP/CRM systems
- Ensure that Fitch Group is following Industry and SAP best practices
- Provide thought leadership across Fitch Group on how to best leverage existing ERP and investments in financial systems
- Provide overall leadership on SAP and financial systems related projects
- Ensure projects and activities are scrutinized and vetted for long-term strategic fit, documented, coordinated, planned and executed in an effective, timely, and financially responsible manner.
Operations: Day-to-day Management
- Establish project vision and business case
- Develop reliable, timely budgets for projects and recurring application maintenance expenditures for executive approval
- Develop implementation strategy and provide overall direction
- Select, negotiate and contract with partners for licenses and implementation services
- Manage initiatives from inceptions to successful completions with metric to measure success.
- Drive and lead operations support focusing on billing, revenue recognition, procurement and accounting processes
- Work closely with business stakeholders to prioritize activities based on business needs
- Develop deep knowledge of related business and technology capabilities to drive value
- Oversee technical system availability, including coordinating patching and upgrades, security and DR scenario readiness
- Collaborate with Fitch Group IT peers and leaders for infrastructure and operations support
- Support audits and regulatory reporting
- Ensure that business partners are well supported
- Manage staff and consultants
- Negotiate and manage vendor contracts related to financial systems
- Establish and manage to budget
- At least 15 years of experience in ERP systems (At least 10 of which in SAP)
- Ability to provide thought leadership around finance technology strategies, financial operations and reporting strategies
- Proven track record of building and leading global leams (30+ headcount)
- Strong understanding of industry best practices and tools
- Proven ability to lead ERP projects
- Deep knowledge in various SAP ERP modules, predominantly Finance, Order to Cash, Procurement etc.
- Experience with numerous EPM reporting tools, data warehouse and consolidation tools, preferably SAP BPC
- Experience in SAP integration tools
- Experience in additional SAP portfolio beyond ERP and BW - SAP Concur and SAP SuccessFactors are a plus
- Experience with working in cloud environments, preferably AWS
- Experience in managing offshore delivery teams
- Excellent communications and presentation/writing skills
- Bachelor's degree. MBA and equivalent Masters degree is a plus
Position will be NYC based. Limited travel required
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the Code of Ethics and Conduct page .