Clade & Co (www.clade.co) is a leading private investment platform for ultra-high net worth individuals (UHNWs), family offices, and institutional investors. The company focuses on managing and syndicating alternative assets, including high-yield direct loans, private equity, real estate, venture capital, and select liquid strategies. Through its proprietary network of family offices and deal sponsors, Clade seeks to source direct opportunities that can deliver outsized risk-adjusted returns. The company and its investment partners opportunistically invest in complex, bespoke, and off-the-run situations across the capital structure in all industries.
Core to its strategy, Clade’s platform includes a private, by-invitation only peer-to-peer community made up of sophisticated, global investors: the company’s Inner Circle. Members are selected from the company’s overall client base and include some of the some of the world’s wealthiest individuals and their family offices. On Clade, they co-invest together, network with their peers, and collaborate on philanthropy, both online and at in-person events.
Clade was incubated inside of Credit Suisse, and is now an independent company based in the SoHo neighborhood of Manhattan.
The Senior Director, Family Office Investing is an executive leadership position at Clade and will report directly to the company’s Chief Investment Officer. As a key member of the investment team, the individual will be charged with sourcing, diligencing, and executing on private direct transactions in partnership with Clade’s family office relationships. The position is based in New York, and flexibility on location may be considered for extraordinary candidates
Beyond the transactional responsibilities of the position, the role will have a highly creative and transformative element to it. This individual will be responsible for crafting and executing on a business development strategy that will enable Clade to incubate new growth avenues and develop strategic partnerships with leading family offices, as well as expand the company’s family office relationship base.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist in the sourcing, screening and execution of potential investment opportunities;
- Perform company and industry due diligence;
- Build complex financial models to analyze investment returns and conduct various valuation analyses;
- Review and create all relevant legal, marketing, and investment materials;
- Draft internal memoranda and investment committee materials;
- Interact with third-party partners including family offices, deal intermediaries, management teams, legal, financial and accounting advisors;
- Perform analysis on findings, benchmarking managers and portfolio investments against peer groups;
- Monitor current managers for ongoing developments at investment and structural level;
- Assist other business activities including investor coverage and miscellaneous administrative functions; and
- Explore new competitive investment strategies, and develop potential platform extensions with family offices and other 3rd parties.
At a professional level, the Senior Director, Family Office Investing must have substantial deep experience with all aspects of the investment lifecycle, including sourcing, preparing investments memos, financial modeling, industry research, due diligence, and portfolio management. In addition, the individual must not only possess refined skills and capabilities as a dealmaker, but he/she must also have well-honed leadership traits and a proven ability to both think strategically and act tactically.
Requirements for the position include:
- Demonstrated proficiency with financial statement analysis, accounting, financial modeling, and research techniques;
- Proven deal structuring skills;
- Valuation expertise, and strong understanding of valuation theory;
- Demonstrated leadership capability to run both internal staff and cross-enterprise deal teams, including the ability to take and defend difficult positions;
- Solid interpersonal skills and experience in a collaborative, team-based, results-oriented environment;
- Intellectual curiosity, capacity and horsepower to learn;
- Highly motivated work ethic and a commitment to a rapidly-moving, time-sensitive, entrepreneurial structure;
- Demonstrated “digital savviness”;
- Superb negotiation skills;
- Capability to investigate and understand numerous industries;
- Ability to manage complex workload and prioritize appropriately;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills (email, presentation, document); and
- Ability to multi-task with keen attention to detail.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in conducting investment due diligence, and working on either principal or advisory transactions;
- Excellent computer skills, advanced knowledge of Excel, Word and Powerpoint is required;
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, mathematics or related field with a strong record of academic achievement. MBA, JD, and/or CFA a plus; and
- Series 7 and 63 a plus.
You may sign up for company news and future offerings at www.clade.co
Our Non-Discrimination Policy: Clade does not and shall not discriminate against applicants, members or partners on the grounds of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), ethnicity, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.
Please submit your interest to our HR web link: