Senior Director, Compensation
Senior Director, Global Compensation Grade: (relevant to internal only)
GL14 The Location:
55 Water Street, NY NY 10041 The Role:
You will be a key member of the People Rewards Center of Excellence (COE). A team of compensation professionals that focuses on providing essential consultation within Compensation Strategy, Broad-Based, Executive and Equity Compensation. We are passionate about designing innovative solutions and delivering high impact results that are critical to the People strategy, as they influence the most visible component of the S&P Global people value proposition. The Impact:
As Senior Director Global Compensation, you will serve as a key member of the Reward leadership team and lead Compensation initiatives in partnership with multiple teams and stakeholders to drive and implement reward strategies across the S&P global enterprise in alignment with business objectives. You will consult and collaborate with multiple client groups across a global environment to design and deliver solutions that enable our clients to achieve business results and organizational effectiveness. What's in it for you:
You will be part of a global team and play a lead role to proactively identify and drive initiatives to evolve S&P's global compensation programs. Through collaboration and partnership with senior stakeholders you will champion the company's compensation philosophy across the enterprise through the design and delivery of compensation policies, programs, and processes. You ensure compensation programs are designed and delivered in alignment with rewards, and People objectives. Manage a team of two directs reports, mentor, and support product delivery through regional partners. Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic and operational leadership in the design, implementation, administration, and communication of compensation programs.
- Influence the direction and design innovative solutions for compensation programs by understanding the business, anticipating, and diagnosing client needs, and utilizing best practice knowledge.
- Function as go-to-market arm of the compensation team to effectively manage efforts of programs and projects across global client groups in collaboration and through regional partners.
- Champion reward philosophy and partner across S&P enterprise to ensure compensation programs are designed and delivered in alignment with reward strategies.
- Build strong relationships within and outside of the Reward team and provide consultation and partnership to identify needs and priorities. Including market research, internal analysis, establishing design principles, building design alternatives, outlining implications through modeling, determine cost impacts, communication, and transition plans.
- Lead and interplay with People Partners and client teams on human capital initiatives within businesses to drive culture and talent strategy.
- Advise on compensation initiatives including the design and ongoing review of cross-segment career framework, market pricing, compensation plan strategy; program harmonization and alignment, survey data library, vendor management, department budget, rewards and recognition programs, compensation cycle administration and technical configuration for compensation systems
- Liaise with Strategy and People Partner teams on M&A activities including integration and standardization of best in class pay practices across different geographies and functions
- Keep up with trends, practices and pay related benchmarks to make annual recommendations for pay mix solutions around salary, incentive, and long-term plans as necessary.
- Monitor federal, state, and local compensation laws and regulations to ensure company compliance. Participate in market activities including collecting information for surveys, reviewing results, and reporting back findings and updating salary ranges as needed to stakeholders.
- Partner with People Movement to support clients with the development and communication of compensation packages for new hires and existing employees when necessary.
- Collaborate to create and deliver training programs for various audiences: People and client teams, managers, and Executives on changes to regulations, pay practices or programs throughout the year and as needed.
- Lead or participate in projects that help us optimize People processes: Workday module implementation, centralization, and automation of HR processes, etc. Support workforce-planning initiatives including forecasting and planning cost of labor for a variety of roles.
- At least 10+ years of Compensation experience partnering with executive/senior leadership and a track record of driving the human capital/talent agenda.
- Bachelor's degree in an HR or business-related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions desirable.
- Solid project management skills and the ability to lead, plan, and resource in a complex, matrix global environment while maintaining focus on the business and its customers.
- Experience leading and supporting global mobility practices.
- Proven track record of complex integration experience in a large, matrixed global public organization.
- Excellent interpersonal and consulting skills with the proven ability to build effective partnerships to effectively collaborate and recommend compensation solutions that solve business problems.
- Strong communication including the ability to effectively communicate complex concepts in simple terms to various audiences.
- Advanced Excel skills and spreadsheet analysis with strong PowerPoint skills with the ability to build audience-specific presentations.
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving and financial modeling skills, with an eye for detail and accuracy.
- Ability to organize and accomplish objectives independently and proactively.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and develop a course of action.
- Demonstrated ability to use tools, e.g., advanced excel, interpret analysis for fact-based decision-making. Solid People Systems background - Workday, Pay Factors and Tableau experience preferred.
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $121,600 to $338,600. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location. This role is eligible to receive S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . Preferred Qualifications:
S&P Global Corporate
- Results Focused - a business builder with commercial acumen and accountability who ties all work back to overall commercial impact with a nimble agile and insight driven mindset.
- Strong Collaborator - who partners with stakeholders for win-win.
- Change Agent -Have a global mindset and an understanding of culture and change management and how to integrate talent management into an organization's strategic objectives.
- Influencer -Ability to influence senior management on Compensation related and business issues/decisions.
- Challenges the status quo - Strong communication, and ability to influence senior management and all levels of management, colleagues, outside agencies and customers to drive business results.
- Nurturer of talent - bring out the best in individuals and teams.
At S&P Global, we don't give you intelligence-we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We're the world's foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com North America
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
102 - Senior Management (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 10 - Officials or Managers (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), HUMRES102 - Senior Management (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
260513 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States