Senior Director, Business Relationship Management - Investment Grade
The candidate will be responsible for managing and developing Fitch’s relationships with constituents that include various teams (for example: origination, coverage, syndication and ratings advisory bankers) at the investment banks. Efforts shall be focused on developing new and enhancing existing relationships with bankers, ultimately leading to new ratings mandates, revenue opportunities and dialogue across the fixed income capital markets.
The individual will work closely with Corporate Finance analytical teams to prioritize and execute on outreach activities. They may also receive guidance from senior analytical representatives on calling strategy, to ensure that Fitch’s analytical teams have the opportunity to interact directly with senior bankers across the key institutions on a regular basis.
The candidate will also liaise with other BRM colleagues in New York (Issuer and Investor teams), as well as LatAm and EMEA groups to coordinate firm messaging, target lists and assist in the development of cross-border relationships.
This role requires detailed understanding of Corporate Finance and the debt capital markets, ideally gained from an origination or advisory role. An understanding of corporate credit analysis would also
be an advantage. The candidate must have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate at a senior level. Strong marketing and interpersonal skills are a pre-requisite with a successful track record of developing commercial relationship and opportunities.
This role requires a self-starter, skilled in working within an ever-changing and dynamic business environment. Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for research, development, preparation and presentation of arguments to external parties highlighting factors which differentiate Fitch and its published ratings and research from the competition. Individual must be self- sufficient, capable of end-to-end preparation of presentations used in external meetings. Role will include only limited access and support from shared junior resource pool.
Keeping current on market trends and conditions will be essential for the candidate to capitalize on opportunities via a pro-active outreach strategy.
The role may involve some U.S. based travel.
• University degree, preferably in a business-related discipline
• Other professional or business qualification (e.g., Master’s degree, MBA)
• Experience within DCM and Corporate Finance from top investment banks
• Strong marketing and interpersonal skills are a pre-requisite with a successful track record of developing commercial relationship and opportunities.
• Highly developed communication and presentation skills, verbal and written
• A proven track record to persuade and negotiate effectively
• Able to work independently within a strategic framework while maintaining high work standards and demonstrating excellent attention to detail
• Team oriented, with ability to effectively build relationships both externally and internally
• Proficient with PowerPoint, Excel and experience with Bloomberg and/or other financial data platforms essential