Senior Director - US Leveraged Finance Investor Development
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws.
The candidate will be an integral part of increasing the visibility of Fitch Ratings within the leveraged finance and high yield market. The candidate will lead the outreach strategy with a team of two and have a client-facing role and promote Fitch's industry leading analytical content and credit expertise to enhance Fitch's franchise value, with a view to driving demand for Fitch Ratings and, in conjunction with the separate sales team, demand for Fitch research and related products.
The global Investor Development team is tasked with raising the profile of Fitch research and ratings commentary to all market constituents and encouraging greater investor engagement with Fitch ratings, research, products and services. The US team is organized by asset classes with coverage of IG, levfin/high yield, emerging market debt, structured finance, public finance/muni, infrastructure and private placements.
The role will be based in New York.
Reporting to the Global Head of Investor Development, you will be responsible for high-level marketing of Fitch's rating platform and value proposition to key leveraged finance and high yield investors. It includes among others:
• Develop outreach strategy with global head of investor development and global head of corporates and structured credit, in consistence with Fitch's strategy in leveraged finance
• Coordinate and drive Fitch's outreach and research/rating promotion targeting key US leveraged loan and high yield investors
• Engage with sector analysts, senior portfolio managers, traders and senior executive of influential leveraged loan and high yield platforms
• Lead meetings, calls, events and road-shows working closely with key stakeholders in Fitch's analytical and business teams, on both corporate sectors and broad topics.
• Monitor progress and gaps in Fitch's coverage of large investors. Adapting strategy to reach coverage and strategic objectives.
• Drive investor demand for Fitch rating though developing and maintaining relationships with senior contacts at influential buy side High Yield managers
• Develop explicit investor support from investors in order to help grow rating coverage and improve retention of existing rating mandates.
• Identify rating opportunities in High Yield through investor dialogue
• Strengthen institutional relationships and work toward embedding Fitch's ratings and research in HY and levfin investors' analytical workflows.
• Support analytical product development by funneling demand/ideas and help coordinating market validation and beta testing
Qualifications and experience:
• 15 years of experience related to levfin and high yield debt capital markets, debt syndications and/or sales.
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain long term strategic, senior-level relationships.
• Credit background with good understanding of leveraged finance/high yield
• Existing contacts and relationships with senior US investors highly desirable
• Strong marketing and interpersonal skills
• Highly motivated with excellent communication and presentation skills.
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the Code of Ethics and Conduct page .