Senior Director - Middle Markets
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, creed, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and other status protected by applicable laws.
Fitch Ratings seeks a Senior Director with Middle Market expertise to join its Corporates, Business and Relationship Management (BRM) team in New York or Chicago. The candidate will work closely with a senior team of experienced leveraged finance, private debt, investment grade and industry focused business development professionals. The role will have responsibility for developing and maintaining relationships primarily with middle market sponsors, bankers, borrowers and investors, with the goal to market Fitch Ratings services to them - the Middle Market team will primarily cover unrated companies. The candidate will likely have experience in the Middle Market at a bank (origination or sponsor coverage) or in Private Debt as an originator or investor.
The principal objective is to generate new Corporate rating mandates through relationship development and consistent, targeted marketing.
• Efforts shall be focused on developing new and enhancing existing relationships with senior PE, banking and investing professionals, ultimately leading to new ratings mandates, revenue opportunities and dialogue across the leverage loan and fixed income capital markets
• Liaise with other BRM colleagues in New York, San Francisco, Chicago (Banker, PE, Issuer and Investor teams)
• Responsible for research, development, preparation and presentation of marketing messages to external parties highlighting factors which differentiate Fitch and its published ratings and research from the competition
• Developing pitch books, marketing case studies and content to a specific sector or vertical for an upcoming or prospective meeting
• Creating, coordinating and implementing outreach plans
• Minimum of 8+ years' experience in the Middle Market likely from a bank in Origination or Sponsor Coverage or in Private Debt as an originator or investor - there is a preference for individuals with significant industry contacts
• Ability to travel as required
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the Code of Ethics and Conduct page .