Senior Director - Data Management & Strategy - Market Data, Fundamentals & Estimates
S&P Global Market Intelligence The Role:
Senior Director, Data Management & Strategy - Fundamentals, Estimates & Market Data Domain Leader Grade: 14
( relevant for internal applicants only ) The Location:
United States & India Locations The Team:
Data Management leadership team, you will work to develop, implement and champion the S&P Global Market Intelligence's initiatives involving data assets, workflow and technology capabilities critical for our customers in making effective decisions across multiple industry segments The Impact:
Are you passionate about delivering an exceptional customer experience? In this role, your success will be contingent upon you owning and executing on the strategic vision for the data assets within your domain organization with a creative, client-first approach. What's in it for you:
- You will lead multiple data domains, initiatives and data assets within the Data Management and Strategy function.
- Partnering with third party data & capabilities, driving operational efficiencies, delivering product/platform derived data initiatives and driving revenue growth through exceeding customer expectations.
- You will design and develop future state capabilities and develop a clear roadmap aligned to the overall company functional strategy and goals to ensure our people, process, data, technology and governance needs are accurately assembled and planned for successful short, medium and long-term execution.
What We're Looking For:
- Develop and implement a strategy for the combined domains which aligns with the overall S&P Global and S&P Global Market Intelligence and business strategies.
- In collaboration with Customers, Product, Commercial, Technology and Data stakeholders, ensure the development of a clearly defined data strategy for each domain fully aligned to meet and exceed client's expectations. Collaborate closely with operations teams to set specific quality, timeliness and comprehensiveness goals, as well as associated data policies and procedures. Provide leadership and accountability to the Data Stewards across your Data Domain
- Partners with peers to operationalize and implement data lifecycle standards, utilizing data lifecycle management tool(s) for various data capabilities.
- Ensure high level of understanding of client use cases and support the rapid response and resolution of client enquiries.
- Direct data stewards to create and evolve our end-to-end Data Lifecycle (Ingestion, Linking, Deduplication & Enablement into Product) utilizing capabilities such as Safe Agile, Automation, workflow & technology management, resource allocation, onboarding & retention, and performance/talent management.
- Translate S&P Global Market Intelligence Strategy into specific actionable goals and targets for the Data Management organization, while articulating the value, the 'why', being added to the overall business strategy. Oversee creation of internal and external business performance measures, including timeliness, accuracy, overall coverage comprehensiveness, data item coverage, and domain subject coverage in partnership with Data Quality and Operations Leads.
- Ensure organization is adhering to established project management procedures, including project life cycle and status reporting. Promote active communication to all levels within the organization on the health of the projects sponsored by the content organization, including key progress updates to all stakeholders to ensure transparency, especially around risks, content quality gaps and successes.
- Consult on client business problems, identify data needs and formulate data solutions, create practical development roadmaps, package and present insights to stake holders at all levels of the business
- Foster a people first environment, while maintaining existing levels of engagement. Deeply understand talent, regularly coach, provide upskilling, and facilitate new experiences for colleagues.
- Improve diverse representation through talent acquisition, advancement and retention, while continuing to raise awareness of racial education.
- In collaboration with Customers, Product, Commercial, Technology and Data stakeholders, ensure the domain structure is appropriately aligned for optimal effectiveness, (outcomes and cost base).
- Ensure the data stewards are delivering initiatives on schedule and to budget, and ensuring communication and visibility into status, health and roadmaps.
- Enterprise Data Management, Product Management, Technology or related field
- An advanced degree preferred (Masters or MBA)
- Experience collaborating with AI and Natural Language Processing teams to drive the accelerated delivery of goals Proven knowledge of data use cases and persona within the IB/IM and Corporates space
- Must have demonstrated leadership experience and ability to manage a team of subject matter experts in Index, real-time pricing, corporate actions, capital structure, fixed income, estimates and fundamentals professionals in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Prior leadership experience with merger combinations/acquisition integration Experience in the development and execution of high -level strategic plans
- Minimum of 10-years track record with experience in the various aspects of technology, data management, index, and vendor/relationship management within the Financial Services industry
- Knowledge of the index and market data industries
- Experience transforming legacy delivery systems to modern service-based applications
- Demonstrated ability to lead major initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability with full product lifecycle.
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across departments
- Effective, versatile and willing to take action
- Leads and uses conceptual, innovative and lean thinking to solve issues.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, leadership, communication and time-management skills
- Attentive to detail and quality oriented; ability to execute in a timely and accurate manner
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $121,600 to $338,600. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus/a sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence. EOE Statement:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
102 - Senior Management (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 10 - Officials or Managers (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), DTMGOP102 - Senior Management (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
259812 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States