- c.$175 000
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Mondrian Alpha Recruitment Solutions
New York, NY, USA
Salary: c.$175 000
A leading global investment bank seek a Senior Developer at VP level to join their Global Transaction Banking division. This opportunity would allow you to work on exciting greenfield projects designed to illustrate both the business benefits and the Agile implementation of new technologies. Examples of the projects you would have the chance to work on include: · Using peer-to-peer connectivity via APIs and robotic automation to provide improved client experience and functional re-engineering; and · Using payments processing and booking data to provide intraday transparency and insights to optimise financial benefit for both the clients and the bank.
The team you would be joining is a diverse, international and driven one, where all team members share a focus on code quality and valued delivery. At every level, agile minds are rewarded with competitive pay, support and opportunities to excel.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Designing and developing new functionality
- Participating and contributing to design and code reviews
- Documenting design decisions, components and keep the knowledge base
- Being technology and product expert
- Ensuring quality metrics of the product meet non-functional requirements
- Working with business customers on functional and non-functional requirements
- Collaborating with other development teams both in Strats organisation and in IT
- Capture, understand & be able to clearly articulate the current state architecture for Payment Processing
- Understand the business demand in the context of the problem statement & business requirements requested.
- Define a modern, scalable, resilient and sustainable technology solution for securities processing across dozens of markets globally
- The solution must incorporate best-practice modern design patterns and technologies
- The solution must enable and support frequent agile deliveries and progressive replacement of the legacy environments, with no interruption to service
- Develop the code and provide hands on engineering expertise to the development teams.
Skills & Qualifications required:
- Microservice designs and architectures (Service-oriented architecture (SOA), formal patterns etc)
- APIs and API frameworks (Glue/Web Service Oxygen(WSO2), Representational State Transfer (REST), Web Services etc)
- Hands on experience with Agile methodologies, TDD and BDD
- DevOps expertise, continuous integration/continuous delivery
- Security (OAuth, OpenId, etc)
- Scalable infrastructure models (Cloud, Openshift, Platform as a Service (PaaS) etc)
- Core programming technologies and tools (Java, Spring, Open Services Gateway initiative (OSGi) etc)
- Data stores, persistence , caching (Oracle, MongoDB, Cassandra, and Hadoop tools, Hazelcast, memcache etc)
- Integration and messaging (Java Message Service (JMS), Kafka, Mulesoft, Camel, Fuse etc)
- Streaming (Flink, Apache STORM)