Senior Data Governance Specialist - Bloomberg Product Oversight
An exciting and new opportunity has opened up to join the Bloomberg Product Oversight team in New York. This essential team works with our clients to understand their workflows and business. The team aligns client workflow and data consumption with the appropriate contractual framework and Bloomberg offering, protecting our clients, third parties, and Bloomberg. With both a consultative and analytical approach, they examine client data workflows, content licensing frameworks and central initiatives working closely across all internal lines of business. With such close proximity to our customers, the team is at the forefront of providing business and product gaps to our management to better improve our offerings. What is The Role?
Our team is responsible for risk mitigation by conducting market data audits at end client & market data vendor sites using standard methodology guidelines to identify discrepancies in end user entitlement and reporting processes. We are continuously working with clients and internal Bloomberg partners to ensure flawless remediation of any identified audit issues.
The Senior Data Governance Specialist will review both current and potential Bloomberg customers and lead engagements with Bloomberg largest clients, to understand the usage of Bloomberg services and where required, mitigating business risk. They will also be responsible for analyzing and reporting on the impact/risk of any transaction announcements made by Bloomberg clients. We'll Trust You To:
You'll Need To Have:
- Pragmatically craft and tackle a book of work in order to assess the compliance of various solutions and application integrations with relevant Bloomberg licenses
- Interview clients and analyze a variety of sophisticated data sets to produce accurate and detailed audit analyses
- Partner with divisional management and business unit leadership teams to understand and implement controls for Bloomberg data
- Handle our market data commercial/operational risk throughout the application life cycle for Bloomberg partners, including but not limited to review, analysis, documentation, remediation, cost estimate, and re-certification
- Work with the internal application and development community to conduct reviews to understand the use case for market data consumption from delivery through to final output
- Provide guidance to our customers and developers on standard methodologies for commercial compliance
- Be innovative and show strong leadership skills to ensure a first class service is provided to each of our customers
- Review existing control processes, identifying gaps and areas for improvement
- Work with all of our clients, internal partners, market data managers to CEO's, and account managers to the Management Committee and have difficult conversations around remediation
We'd Love to See:
- Experience within the financial services / capital markets / exchange / market data industry, particularly with an extensive market data audit knowledge
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills to be able to clearly present audit findings and the risks that need mitigating in a clear and concise manner to our clients and Senior Management
- Demonstrated understanding of Bloomberg's services and client agreements as well as those of exchanges and vendor partners
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills to run various engagements at any one time
- Deep understanding of data, our client's workflow and demands
- Experience leading intellectual property discussions and associated legal coordination
- Experience crafting policy development and working with cross functional departments to implement
Does this sound like you?
- 15+ years experience within business/risk, product management/sales in the finance sector, legal, and/or technical sales/audit
- Sophisticated technical knowledge with respect to entitlement mechanism, application architectures, data flows and design
- Ability to interact authoritatively with application developers and development managers
- Proven experience of researching and analyzing sophisticated data and identifying any inconsistencies
- Strong written skills with a focus on formalization and documentation of workflow processes
- Ability to produce data modeling and analytics to illustrate and present project risk
- Knowledge of global regulations in relation to the market data industry including exchanges, derived data polices, vendor licensing and data manipulation processes
- Understanding of Alternative Trading Platforms (ATP) such as contracts for difference (CFD), binary options, and spread betting instruments
- Strong project management skills and ability to drive the delivery of the assigned audits
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.