Senior Data Engineer
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
Join us as a Senior Data Engineer in the core Finance One team within our CFO Tech IT organization. In your role, you will build high performance scalable data pipelines using groundbreaking Big Data technology. You will be responsible for intelligently crafting data models that optimize storage and retrieval. You will perform root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and find opportunities for improvement. You will build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management. Your day to day work will involve working with business partners to solicit and document user stories and other requirements. Above all, you must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. Your future colleagues
Finance One (F1) is a strategic big data platform providing a single, complete, consistent and harmonized repository of data for the CFO organization. We the F1 team, firmly believe everyone should be able to utilize the power of big data for their analytical needs, and strive to enable this by eliminating the challenges teams within the bank face in adopting a big data technology stack. This team is creating and federating a suite of tools that make it easy for the teams to adopt the F1 big data platform. Our user friendly tools are helping users achieve complexity reduction and financial data harmonization while at the same time improving data integrity, data quality, data security and processing speed.
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values. You Offer
What we are looking for:
- Proven experience of at least 5+ years of as a Data Engineer working on building performant data pipelines.
- Experience with big data tools like Spark, HDFS, Hive, Impala and Kudu.
- Proven knowledge of Scala, Python, Java, Bash (at least two).
- Proven working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases and query authoring (SQL)
- Experience in implementing big data projects with high SLA for data availability and data quality
- Good attention to detail with ability to communicate effectively
- Experience in working in a highly coordinated environment with heavy emphasis on partnership
Nice to Have
- Exposure to public cloud platforms (GCP/Azure/AWS) is a major plus.
- Experience with NoSQL Databases, Streaming Frameworks like Kafka, Flume and Nifi and Agile scrum methodology is a plus.
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.