Senior Data Analyst
Who we are:
automotiveMastermind (aM) provides U.S. automotive dealers with software and marketing solutions to improve the efficiency of the vehicle sales process. The company's cloud-based technology helps dealers more precisely predict automobile buying behavior and facilitates microtargeted customer communications to improve the efficiency of the sales process and strengthen customer retention.
automotiveMastermind (aM) delivers value to the market by...
- Predicting when existing consumers will be ready for their next vehicle based on a prior vehicle, sharpening the focus on high-potential targets
- Delivering a compelling offer to engage the customer and prompt a return to the participating dealership
- Connecting dealers to conquest opportunities
- Providing a platform to support dealer outreach and dialogue
Data Analysts within the automotiveMastermind (aM) Product Insights team play a leading role in measuring the effects of aM in the market, communicating the value each product within the portfolio delivers, and identifying opportunities to strengthen the products and the processes by which they are created. Responsibilities include
- Rigorous identification, analysis, and interpretation of trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Application of deep, creative, rigorous thinking to solve broad, platform-wide technical and/or business problems
- Design and develop management reports and supporting ad hoc analyses answering key questions such as...
- Is the product performance aligned with the sales pitch? - Are key product components delivering value? - Is marketing outreach effective? - Are results consistent across clients?
- Identify key value drivers and key opportunities for/sources of error across products and processes
- Create client-facing visualizations to clearly articulate the aM value proposition and identify business opportunities for internal and external stakeholders
- Develop short-term preventive or detective measures, and leading medium/long-term product improvement initiatives arrived at via close collaboration with data transformation, engineering, QA, and production support team members
- Support and inform account leads with respect to client and regional sales mix, performance, and aM contributions
- Identify and access additional data assets that could be leveraged to answer a given business problem
- Coordinate with data engineers as appropriate to design and enable repeatable processes and generate deliverables to answer routine business questions
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- Minimum 3 years working experience as a data analyst or in a similar analytical + technical role
- Technical experience with data models, database design, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Demonstrated application of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets (Excel, R, SPSS, SAS)
- Experience with visualization software packages (Data Studio, Tableau, PowerBI)
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.