Senior Credit Analyst - US Middle Markets
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- BNP Paribas Asset Management
- 22 Jun 18 2018-06-22
We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Credit Analyst in our New York office as part of the Global Loans team. Individual will undertake fundamental investment analysis of US Middle Market opportunties, across multiple deal types, including syndicated loans, club deals, bilaterals and participations. The appropriate candidate for this position will have a strong credit skill set, plus significant experience in the middle market loans space. . This role reports into the Head of Global Loans.
In joining BNP Paribas Asset Management, you’ll be joining the investment management arm of BNP Paribas, one of the world’s major financial institutions. We are a leading provider of quality investment solutions for individual, corporate and institutional investors. Our teams understand that our investment decisions have the potential to make a difference to our clients’ lives and this is why we say: investing means the world to us. Join us to discover an inspiring place to work with a culture of excellence. With our comprehensive training and development opportunities you’ll have the chance to grow, while learning from and sharing with colleagues through open and transparent communication. Ultimately, we strive to satisfy our clients by consistently perfecting what we do daily in our pursuit of excellence.
- Responsible for fundamental investment analysis of US Middle Market loans.
- Compose full credit write-ups and prepare financial models for new transactions.
- Present analysis to credit committee, providing a comprehensive view on each investment opportunity.
- Support development of junior team members, review credit work and provide feedback.
- Undertake ongoing critical monitoring of portfolio positions, including changes in views, using company and industry information and correspondence with corporate issuers and rating agencies
- Generate investment ideas and advise on timing for positions based on fundamental events and/or news flow.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Maintain industry opinions and produce periodic reviews.
Ideal Personal Profile:
- Analytical skills: Identifies all aspects of a subject and examines them in a critical way to construct a broad point of view. Individual is driven by the desire to learn.
- Ability to summarize: Identifies and presents key information. Gives his /her point of view by structuring and summing up all useful elements. Shows the ability to put things in perspective, and is able to support opinions under the scrutiny of peer review.
- Results Driven: Seeks to achieve the objectives set within the defined timeframe, by acting with tenacity and by balancing costs and benefits. Continuously seeks optimum performance.
- Teamwork: Knows how to work in a team and /or across teams, acts with understanding of common interests and respect for fellow team members.
- Communication Skills: Expresses his/her message, both orally and in writing, in an effective, organized way, which is appropriate for the audience being addressed.
Academic Background and Experience:
- Minimum of eight years of credit analysis experience.
- In-depth understanding of fundamental credit analysis, including ability to research industry sectors, competitive position, financial statements and financial notes. Strong credit analysis skills particularly in company financial statement analysis.
- Familiarity with modeling cyclical sectors through cycles. Experience should include intensive analysis of company financial reporting such as annual reports, 10K, 8K, 20F and quarterly/semiannual financial reports.
- Must be comfortable with mathematical concepts and financial modeling, as well as accounting rules and procedures. Strong quantitative skills.
- Advanced computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or a related discipline.
- CFA Charter holder preferred.
To be considered for this opportunity, please forward your resume utilizing the online application process. Equal Opportunity Employer.