Senior Consultant - Wealth Mangement / UMA SMA - Investment Software Implementation - Charles River Development
What we are looking for
Senior Consultants in our Wealth Management practice serve as subject-matter experts in the implementation and upgrade of the Charles River Investment Management Solution (CRIMS). Their contributions include defining client requirements, configuring and tuning the solution to the client's business and technical needs, training clients, testing workflows and resolving issues before taking the client "live". In addition, Senior Consultants are expected to demonstrate basic understanding of the entire CRIMS offering and proficiency in Wealth Management. Senior Consultants should also have strong consulting skills. This includes the ability to build effective working relationships, manage difficult situations and influence key decision-makers. Why this job is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created the first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019. Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
What we value
- Serve as subject-matter expert within CRIMS implementation and upgrade projects. Analyze and evaluate requirements while providing product expertise and guidance throughout the project. Ensure the solution meets the client's business needs and that the client is prepared to assume ownership and operate the solution after go-live.
- Provide assistance to other members of the Professional Services team and pro-actively develop and share best practices.
- Analyze and evaluate client requirements in order to help Charles River respond to sales opportunities. Contribute to sales presentations and proof-of-concept projects to demonstrate the potential of CRIMS to satisfy specific client needs.
- Educate clients on the functionality provided by CRIMS. Advise on best practices regarding the implementation and operation of Charles River solutions and services.
- Monitor and evaluate client requirements to identify potential enhancements to Charles River solutions and services. Document and communicate product improvements as part of client-specific implementation projects or in response to trends in the marketplace.
- Contribute to software quality by clearly communicating defects to Technical Support and Product Management. Support the defect resolution process by providing clear descriptions of defects and validating the resulting fixes. Identify errors and mistakes in documentation and suggest corrections and improvements.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience supporting or implementing wealth management solutions within a wealth management firm or a software provider. Experience with managed account (SMA/UMA) programs, mutual fund wrap programs, discretionary and non-discretionary programs is especially valuable.
- Strong knowledge of wealth management industry practices. Experience with asset allocation, portfolio construction, model based portfolios, drift monitoring, pre-trade compliance, and rebalancing, trading, performance reporting workflows.
- Basic command of SQL and understanding of relational databases. Familiarity with FIX or similar protocols is a plus. Familiarity with Crystal Reports or similar reporting packages is a plus.
- A strong record of client service. Senior Consultants must understand client needs and build effective relationships. Must have the ability to work within a team environment and be focused on providing high-quality service to our clients.
- Team player who shares knowledge and experience openly. Takes initiative to keep other team members informed by contributing to "Best Practices" library. Mentor less-experienced colleagues while leveraging the expertise of more-experienced colleagues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to convey plans, issues and risks to clients and team members in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong problem solving skills. Analytical thinker who can decompose complex issues into components and perform root cause analysis.
- Strong time management skills including the ability to manage multiple projects in parallel.
Four (4) year degree in a business or technical field such as Finance, Mathematical Finance, Economics, Engineering, or Computer Science. An advanced degree or industry certification such as the CFA is a strong plus.
The ability to travel to client sites throughout the United States and Canada as well as the ability to work effectively when remote from clients. Travel of 30%-50% is typical and but may exceed that in any given year. About State Street What we do:
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investments research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow:
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity, and Social Responsibility:
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experience and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at www.StateStreet.com/careers