Senior Consultant - IBOR Investment Software Implementation - Charles River Development
What we are looking for
Senior Consultants lead the implementation of the Charles River Investment Management Solution (CRIMS). Their contributions include defining client requirements, configuring and tuning the application to the client's business and technical needs, training users, testing workflows and resolving issues before taking the client "live". The ideal candidate will have at least 8 years of hands-on experience gained in the financial industry working for a consultancy or software vendor. Experience leading the implementation of Front, Middle or Back Office Investment Management systems is highly valued. However, candidates with exceptional implementation consulting skills who have successfully contributed to Capital Markets or other Financial IT projects will definitely be considered. Why this job is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created the first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019. What you will be responsible for
• Lead or directly contribute to CRIMS implementations. Analyze and evaluate requirements while providing product expertise and guidance throughout the implementation project. Ensure the solutions developed by Charles River meet the customer's business needs and that the customer is prepared to assume ownership and operate the solution after go-live.
• Provide assistance to other members of the Professional Services team and pro-actively develop and share best practices.
• Provide subject matter expertise in the Investment Book of Record (IBOR) space and Implement IBOR solutions. ABOR experience will be considered.
• Analyze and evaluate customer requirements in order to help Charles River respond to sales opportunities. Prepare and deliver sales presentations. Execute proof-of-concept projects to demonstrate the potential of CRIMS to satisfy the specific needs of potential customers.
• Educate customers on the methodologies and functionality provided by CRIMS. Advise on best practices regarding the implementation and operation of Charles River solutions and services.
• Monitor and evaluate customer requirements to identify potential enhancements to Charles River solutions and services. Document and communicate product improvements as part of customer-specific implementation projects or in response to trends in the marketplace.
• Contribute to software quality by clearly communicating defects to Client Support and Product Management. Support the defect resolution process by providing clear descriptions of defects and validating the resulting fixes. Identify errors and mistakes in documentation and suggest corrections and improvements. What we value
Senior Consultants are expected to have experience project managing and leading the implementation of Front, Middle or Back Office Investment Management systems.
• Minimum of 8 years of experience with the implementation of mission-critical financial solutions.
• Strong experience deploying IBOR solutions within a bank, hedge fund or asset manager, or wealth management firm is especially valuable.
• Hands-on experience implementing investment management software, preferably an order management and compliance system is especially valuable.
• Understanding of multi-tier technical architectures and relational database structures. Familiarity with SQL, FIX and Crystal Reports is a plus.
• A strong record of customer service. Implementation Managers must understand customer needs and build effective relationships. The candidate must be able to convey plans, issues and concerns to clients and team members in a clear, logical and concise manner. They will need to also be able to influence key decision makers both internally and externally.
• Must be customer driven, have the ability to work within a team environment, and be focused on providing a high quality of service to the customer.
• Strong time management skills including the ability to manage multiple projects in parallel.
• Strong problem solving/analytical skills. Education & Preferred Qualifications
• Four (4) year degree in a business or technical field such as Finance, Mathematical Finance, Economics, Engineering, or Computer Science. An advanced degree or industry certification such as the CFA is a strong plus.
• 8+ years of experience Additional Requirements
The ability to travel to client sites throughout the United States and Canada as well as the ability to work effectively when remote from clients. Travel of 30-50% is typical but may exceed that at any given year. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investments research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity, and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experience and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at www.StateStreet.com/careers