- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Apr 18
Senior Communications Strategist
Location: New York, NY, USAMoody's Communications team is seeking a senior communications strategist to join our team. This New York based position will focus on media relations and content development, specifically covering sovereigns and global credit trends within the Americas. The ideal candidate should be skilled in developing and executing effective communication strategies and drafting supporting content such as press releases, social media promotions and content for moodys.com.
You will partner with Moody's analysts to develop and execute media strategies for sovereign and cross-rating group research. Key responsibilities include:
- Developing and maintaining effective business relationships with contacts in print, online and broadcast media
- Effective management and development of business partner relationships
- Preparing Moody's experts for media interviews
- Consistently identifying and executing opportunities to insert our views in relevant news cycles
- Monitoring, analyzing and reporting on resulting coverage
- Coordinating and partnering with global communication counterparts on an ongoing basis.
To support communications strategies, you will create written content, including press releases, pitches, promotional quotes and other content for promotion through multiple media channels, including social media.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in finance, communications, journalism, business or related discipline is required
• Journalism or public relations background focused on financial, economic or banking content is a plus
• English fluency/proficiency is essential; an additional language is an advantage
Key Skills and Experience
• 5-7 years' experience in a media relations or journalism role, preferably in financial services
• Very strong internal and external relationship management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong attention to detail and an effective team player
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects
• Well-developed IT skills including Microsoft Office, specifically PowerPoint, Excel and Word ; aptitude in using new database applications and other proprietary systems
• Ability to work to tight deadlines
• Work using own initiative and without close supervision
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.