Senior Client Accountant
Broad Function and Scope of the Position:
The Sr. Accountant is primarily responsible for accounting reports, tax returns and client service with an understanding of Ultra-High-Net-Worth client segments and needs. This person is also responsible for supervising and reviewing the work performed by the Processor, solving accounting problems, and maintaining accurate and up-to-date books and records for the clients and their related entities. The Sr. Accountant reports to the Manager and is the department's representative in the absence of the Manager. Position Responsibilities
• Prepare and review accounting reports such as net worth statements, cash flow and budgets.
• Prepare and review tax returns for individuals, partnerships, corporations and foundations.
• Prepare quarterly estimated tax filings for individuals.
• Correspond with tax authorities as required.
• Ensure that books and records are maintained accurately, including adjusting journal entries.
• Maintain excellent communication with clients, outside professionals, vendors and other departments within the company.
• Respond to client requests promptly and accurately. Position Qualifications: Education
• College degree in accounting required.
• CPA and/or MBA is preferred Knowledge and Skills :
• Minimum 7 years of related accounting/tax experience.
• MUST have experience with providing tax services to high net worth individuals; experience of the accounting side too is a plus.
• Currently in an accountant level position with hands on experience in accounting and tax preparation for high net worth individuals, partnerships, corporations and foundations. Organized, detail oriented, capable of multi-tasking, able to meet deadlines, excellent communication skills.
• A team orientation that drives high performance within the Multi-Family Office, as well as the development of strong relationships with others outside the group.
• A strong work ethic, strong interpersonal communications, presentation and negotiation skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• An entrepreneurial orientation. The individual needs to have the capacity to be successful in a relatively lean organization without the support and resources typical of a larger, diversified corporation.