Senior C++ Engineer - Connectivity Engineering Infrastructure
Bloomberg manages one of the world's largest private data network to help bring news and market data securely to clients all over the globe. Our team is responsible for managing and maintaining this critical client connectivity to Bloomberg. We call ourselves the Connectivity engineering group.
We are a small team tasked with the big responsibility to build the next version of our connectivity infrastructure that is more realtime, adaptive, resilient and in tune to changes to the network. This is to allow clients to connect to Bloomberg more reliably with minimal latency for the best possible experience and to also provide more insight into client connectivity to our network operations engineers to proactively identify and resolve connectivity issues. You will work closely with our network engineers, software architects and developers. This next version of our system will be developed in C++/Python focusing heavily on continuous integration. You will primarily be responsible for design, development and testing. With hundreds of thousands of financial professionals relying on our products to manage their portfolios, execute their trades, and analyze the markets, we're looking to grow our team. That's where you come in. We'll trust you to
You'll need to have
- Take ownership of the full software development cycle
- Design and develop high performance solutions in C++
- Develop solutions using agile methodology
- Have good coding practices
- Take ownership of work & drive tasks to completion
- Write tests & document work to improve quality
- 5+ years experience with C/C++
- Strong understanding of relational database development using SQL
- Strong understanding of data structures, algorithms and object oriented design
- Experience with python
- Experience developing applications in Linux platform
- Experience with shell scripting
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
If this sounds like you, apply! We'll get in touch if we believe you're a good match and get started with a technical phone interview.
We are extremely proud of our diverse and open culture, and value diversity of thought and perspective in every form. We're looking for engineers with a real passion for writing reusable, efficient solutions to complex problems, who can adapt to an ever-changing market landscape, and who can collaborate and work effectively on small teams to develop software that impacts thousands of power users around the world.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status