Senior C++ Engineer - Access Control & Security
Bloomberg attaches great importance to data security. The Access Control Infrastructure team plays a crucial role in the company's data security initiatives. The mission of the team is to protect data security at every tier of the company's technical stacks. Our work requires the knowledge of various systems in the company and we collaborate with other engineering teams to achieve our data protection goals.
Our team is seeking a self-motivated senior software engineer with an interest in designing infrastructure level solutions for data access control which will be used by many applications in different environments. Our software must be performant and scalable.
In this role, you will work on our next generation rule-based access control system as well as our existing role-based privileging system. You will work closely with our business partners to identify critical problems and develop robust solutions with high resilience requirements. If you love owning critical systems and are passionate about using cutting-edge technologies to solve different access control problems, this is the right job for you, please apply below! We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Be the owner of the product - you will work closely with the business team to build a strong product
- Be a solid team player - you can expect to work with others in a highly collaborative environment
- Be innovative - you'll think outside of the box when coming up with technical solutions that deliver business value
- Be passionate - you're passionate about our diverse user and product bases
- Be proactive - you'll contribute ideas on everything from product, tech stack and our development flow
We'd love to see:
- 3+ years' experience in designing, developing, releasing and monitoring high-quality software with modern C++
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Have interest and competence in backend development
- Collaborate effectively with team members and other partners to deliver projects
- BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technology field
- Experience with Python
- Experience with large scale distributed systems
- Familiar with unit testing, CI/CD and Dev-Ops
- Experience with open source technologies such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, Docker, Cassandra
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.