Senior Business Analyst, Prime brokerage stock borrow
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Palm Mason
- 25 Oct 17 2017-10-25
We are looking to add to our cross asset Senior Business Analyst team with 5 seasoned Business Analyst. The successful candidate will need 5+ years’ experience working in a similar role or exhibiting the same skillset. The Business analyst will play a major role to assist with building solutions and providing services to trading and risk systems within Equity Technology space, such as Equity Derivatives, Equities Cash, Prime Finance and Prime Brokerage
As part of the team, the individual would need to act as a liaison between the business users and technologists. This individual will need to have a good understanding of both business and technology processes to be able to explain the business needs to the technology teams. Similarly, the candidate would be able to understand and present back technological concepts to the Equity Financing space. Responsibilities will also include maintaining documentation and process flows in line with Business Analysis best practices. The role will also involve the coordination of testing across multiple user groups and development teams to ensure the solution provided matches the business needs.
- Excellent verbal and written skills – to both internal and external clients
- Strong business knowledge reloving Prime Brokerage functions, particularly Stock borrow/loan
- Proficient at writing and delivering presentations
- Ability to translate between Trading, Finance, and Technology
- Attention to detail and meeting deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize and manage own time based on the business needs
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work with both business users and technology teams in other locations remotely.
- Awareness and correct assessment of risk and exposure issues
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Project, Visio, PowerPoint
- Requirements Planning and Project Management
- Requirement Elicitation
- Requirements Analysis and Documentation
- Requirements Communication
- Solution Assessment and Validation
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.