Senior Business Analyst - Philanthropy Engineering
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength - delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately - is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 345,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg's enterprise solutions build on the company's core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government, Bloomberg New Energy Finance and Bloomberg BNA, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. The Role
Do you have a passion for making a positive impact in society? On the Philanthropy Engineering team at Bloomberg, you will get a unique opportunity to impact the products and services that support Bloomberg Philanthropies, which encompasses all of Mike Bloombergâ€™s foundation, corporate, and personal philanthropy. Bloomberg Philanthropiesâ€™ unique data-driven approach to global change grows out of Mike Bloombergâ€™s experience as an entrepreneur and a champion of innovation.
We are looking for a Business Applications Analyst to facilitate continuous improvement of our Grants Management System (GMS) and related applications to enhance the experiences for a large, diverse, cross-functional user base consisting of internal foundation and corporate staff as well as external partner organizations. Â Our Fluxx GMS drives grantmaking workflows including due diligence, approval, payment, monitoring, and reporting processes. The Business Applications Analyst plays a key role in maintaining the functionality and integrity of the GMS, designing and implementing improvements and enhancements to meet evolving needs, and supporting team efforts to meet the highest standards and best practices.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of the principles of philanthropy; experience with grants management processes and workflows; strong analytical and information and data management skills; and experience administering data systems, preferably Fluxx or similar cloud-based grants management software. They will also value working collaboratively with a diverse set of stakeholders and will excel in a fast-paced, high-volume, and high-standards environment. They will also be excited by the opportunity to be an individual contributor who plays a key role in business operations. We'll trust you with:
Youâ€™ll need to have:
- Working collaboratively within the team and across functional areas to drive design and implementation of new product features, from inception to production.
- Applying in-depth knowledge of cloud-based grants management software (Fluxx or similar grants management system) to optimize effective management of grants management systems, processes, and workflows from start to finish.
- Maintaining proper access and security to the GMS including user accounts, permissions, and data access levels.
- Triaging, troubleshooting, and facilitating resolution of errors in the GMS including entering, tracking, and following-up on help desk tickets.
- Tracking change requests and bugs from identification to resolution, and reconciling internal and vendor-managed issue tracking software
- Attending meetings and documenting requirements for system configuration changes, process improvements, and project design and implementation work
- Building and supporting data access solutions within the GMS in response to end user requests including developing Ad Hoc reports, creating letter and email merge templates, and writing basic SQL queries.
- Providing project management support, including tracking deadlines, ownership, progress, and requirements.
- Organizing and facilitating meetings with key stakeholders.
- Identifying and documenting requirements for system and process improvements.
- Supporting grant making, reporting, and systems integration teams.
- Applying a time sensitive and service-oriented approach to resolving problems for stakeholders.Â
- Assisting with software upgrades including planning, testing, training, rollout, and support.Â
- Providing input into practices, tools and procedures needed to effectively support and deliver value to our stakeholders.
- Being proactive in identifying gaps and opportunities for improvement as well as being able to propose and develop solutions for those gaps.Â
Weâ€™d love to see:
- Inquisitive personality with strong creative and technical troubleshooting skills and the ability to think strategically when identifying and exploring solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical issues to non- technical users.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- A Bachelorâ€™s degree with an emphasis on technology or related field is preferred
- 3-5 years of experience working in a grant-making organization.
- Proven project management, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills, with excellent follow-through.
- Keen attention to the detail required to document implemented solutions.Â
- The ability to communicate effectively, collaboratively, and diplomatically across a broad range of internal and external constituents.
- Able to exercise good judgment and maintain confidentiality with critical and sensitive information.
- A strong sense of teamwork, integrity, and humor.
- Understanding of MS Office 365 products required.Â
- Flexibility to achieve organizational objectives including ability to participate in local and remote meetings across multiple time zones.Â
- Possession of sound judgement including knowledge of when to escalate issues and understanding who needs to be involved in decisions.Â
Does this sound like you?
- Experience with Fluxx or other enterprise grants management system preferred
- Familiarity with basic SQL and Â front-end web technologies such as HTML, CSS, Liquid, and Ruby code helpful
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.