- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Nov 17
Senior Business Analyst
Location: New York, NY, USAThe individual will serve as the primary contact with business clients to elicit requirements and validate requirements and designs - developing and maintaining strong relationships, and keeping these clients informed and engaged throughout the entire project lifecycle. This individual will also work closely with Business Systems Management and with the application development teams and quality assurance teams to provide support for their work products and to act as an informed customer advocate within the development team. This individual will also be responsible for detailed, high-quality documentation, which meets the needs of the various project stakeholders. This individual may work both on enhancements to existing systems and on new development either as the primary Business Analyst or collaborating with other Business Analysts. Position may also be required to work in the capacity as an IT Project Manager and or take on aspects of the IT Project Manager role as well when needed.
Specific responsibilities for the position may include:
- Authoring thorough, detailed, high-quality documentation of all aspects of the systems in question, including business requirements, use cases/user stories, and other documents.
- Resolving any conflicts with requirements between business units or between business and technology.
- Supporting Business Requirements activities by providing end-to-end analysis for product and initiatives with respect to data requirements, data flows, data modeling, workflow context and design, and user interface designs within and across Moody's systems.
- Obtaining signoffs and managing requirements change.
- Working directly with business, development, QA and other stakeholders to coordinate releases; includes managing UAT, and circulating release notes to user community
- Managing technical appropriateness and/or feasibility of requirements and designs
- Maintaining a strong understanding of Moody's business processes and strategies as well as IT capabilities and capacity, and filtering and prioritizing customer demand and business impact.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships, and keeping clients informed and engaged throughout the entire project lifecycle.
- Actively managing Stakeholders of all levels by leading discussions of project scope and approach, and presenting business analysis findings/documentation and proposed solutions.
- Actively participating in the scope definition process and make reasonable recommendations to meet designated release timelines
- Enforcing scope management discipline from Inception and Elaboration phases through delivery.
- Ensuring that the business and the Development and QA teams fully understand requirements prior to requirements finalization date during release, by conducting walkthroughs of all requirements documents.
- Documenting all BA-led meetings with Working Team, Development, and QA to ensure all participants are clear on the discussions and takeaways.
- Notes should be distributed to all meeting participants within one working day.
- Participating in QA resource planning and estimations. Ensure vendor estimations are within reason and do not exceed standards of previous projects.
- Reviewing QA Test Cases and ensure feedback has been incorporated by QA team prior to functional testing start within each release.
- Ensuring QA test cases are prioritized executed in order of criticality to business function.
- Track defects on a daily basis, making sure that all data entered by QA is updated and accurate.
- Lead UAT Efforts from Creation of test cases and data through execution.
- Support training activities for internal team and external end users including documentation of Quick Reference Cards and other Training documentation/sessions when required.
- Depending on the project, this may involve supporting the Training group, or may involve direct responsibility for production and delivery of these materials.
- Perform BA sanity testing for all releases.
- Facilitate post-release support and transition to application support teams.
- Adhere to all PDLC templates and processes relevant to specific projects.
Works collaboratively with Project Managers, Development/Application Managers, Technical Architects, Quality Assurance Managers and others to ensure effective cross-project communication and issue management.
Business Systems Delivery
Minimum education and work experience required for this position include:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of experience in various aspects of systems development, including development project management, business analysis, UI design, information architecture, data modeling, etc. with a minimum of 5 years in a Business Analyst position. Experience in multiple areas is desired.
- Experience with a large, functionally diverse, and informed user base that demands high quality applications is desired.
- Fundamental understanding of software development lifecycle methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, etc) and industry best practices.
- Ability to remain self-directed, adaptable, flexible in order to adjust priorities and goals in changing environments.
- Strong meeting/workshop facilitation skills and documented experience.
- Strong leadership skills across both single disciple and multi-disciple teams.
- Strong skills in User Interface design in web and client-server environments, multi-system application integration, developing workflow and functional Use Cases.
- Strong requirements elicitation and experience with requirements management.
- Strong experience designing or implementing systems based on case management, workflow management, or workflow-based off-the-shelf products.
- Demonstrated experience with iterative or agile project methodologies.
- Self-directed, adaptable, flexible, and curious.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to author a range of high-quality deliverables.
- Proven track record of the ability to identify and interpret business requirements into application requirements and IT solutions.
- Proven ability to articulate complex application requirements and functionality to IT peers.
- Broad knowledge of capital markets and the role that Moody's Investor Services plays within them.
- Demonstrated ability to manage large numbers of different and often conflicting objectives/activities at one time.
- Experience in quickly and effectively adjusting priorities and goals in changing circumstances.
- Proven customer service skills required in order to create, maintain and enhance customer relationships. Previous client relationship management experience desirable.
- The ability to quickly and effectively adjust priorities and goals in changing circumstances.
- Project management skills (managing risks, status reporting, etc) for multi-disciplinary, multi-phase IT development projects.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.