Senior Auditor-Data Management
An exciting new opportunity to join an expanding Data Management audit team in a Global Financial Organization, that performs risk-based assurance reviews designed to identify risks, risk mitigants, control gaps providing independent third-line assurance over the following activities:
About BNY Mellon:
- Data Governance
- Data Curation
- Business, Data and Technology Architecture
- Data Privacy
- Data Risk Management
- Data Quality
- Data Strategy
- Data Lineage
- Metadata Management
- Master Data Management
- Business Intelligence and Analytics
- Technology Risk
Innovative, Inclusive, Progressive. BNY Mellon operates in 35 different countries and in all major financial cities around the world. We recognize that being future-forward means implementing new technologies and new ideas. We seek agile and dynamic team members with different backgrounds as we understand that unique qualifications and diverse experiences can lead to inventive ideas and cutting-edge approaches. At BNY Mellon, you have the chance to innovate, break through and make a difference. We provide clearly defined, transparent development pathways to help you grow both personally and professionally. Because helping you reach your goals is our goal. Primary responsibilities:
- Delivery of the Data Management and Technology Risk Audit plan : Performs risk-focused audits, in accordance with Internal Audit policies, methodologies, and standards to identify meaningful issues, risks and other exposures in the area of the company being audited or reviewed. Analyzes control environments and develops effective audit steps to test controls. Owns sections of the audit program and brings them to completion. Has a foundational understanding of core concepts in data analytics, data management, data quality and data governance and can integrate these concepts into audit processes.
- Building Relationships with business stakeholders : Working closely with managers and employees of businesses, business partner groups and Risk and Control to safeguard information assets, as well as the company's reputation. Has demonstrated ability to articulate difficult concepts to others, adapting communication methods/approaches as necessary.
- Time Management : The ability to balance multiple simultaneous assignments, including audits and other departmental tasks and functions.
- A risk-based approach: Uses knowledge of financial institutions and applicable regulatory requirements on a day to day basis. Learns business data strategies, processes, and regulations (both on the job and through relevant training) and is alert to the changing nature of risk. Demonstrates newly acquired knowledge and skills through thoughtful analysis of business processes and issue identification, as well as discussions with the project leader and auditees.
- Accurate and detailed documentation: Creates and maintains accurate and clear work documents, completing tasks proactively on time, on budget, and accurately.
- Training: Engages in relevant training regarding audit, businesses, financial controls, regulations, or a particular specialty and actively seeks to apply this knowledge in their role and pass it on to the wider audit team.
: Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required. Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Data Management preferred, although other degrees will be considered. Experience:
3-5 years of total work experience preferred. Prior experience in Audit and Data Management preferred. Additional core skill requirements include understanding of the applied and interpretation of analytics results for Audit, critical thinking and problem solving. Benefits:
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
- Physical Wellbeing - Our holistic approach to wellbeing encourages healthy habits throughout the year from telemedicine and onsite health centers to fitness discounts, health coaching and biometric screenings. We've got the tools you need to stay strong and happy
- Emotional Wellbeing - BNY Mellon understands that your mental health is just as important as your physical health, which is why we offer a variety of options to support you such as stress management, digital self-care tools and remote psychological consultations.
- Financial Wellbeing -Your financial wellbeing is vital to your overall health and prosperity. To ensure you feel your financial best, we provide you with financial education seminars and webinars, digital planning tools and personalized financial counseling.
- Social Wellbeing- Our employees' lives outside of work matter as much as the work itself. We offer competitive vacation packages and sponsor a wide variety of social support benefits including flexible work arrangements, maternity and paternity programs, adoption support services and onsite nursing rooms.