Senior Associate, Sales and Client Relations
- Base Salary Plus Bonus
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Apr 18 2018-04-17
A top-tier institutional asset management firm in midtown Manhattan is looking to hire a Senior Associate, Sales and Client Relations with 3 - 5 years of marketing / client services experience within the asset management / hedge fund industry. The Senior Associate will work with Senior Relationship Managers to implement sales and client service activities.
- Provide inside sales support for all products with a focus on key relationships within the intermediary channel
- Proactively prepare presentation and supporting materials for prospect and client meetings.
- Liaise with portfolio management, marketing, client service, and compliance teams as required
- Manage CRM database and leverage it as a prospecting and reporting tool- mailing lists, pipeline reporting, meeting notes, upcoming calendar (familiarity with Satuit is a plus)
- Conduct competitive analysis using research tools (Genesys, Evestment, Morningstar)
- Collect and synthesize data (client inflows/outflows, sales activity, competitive positioning) for strategic initiatives across the distribution team
- Collaborate with client service team to prepare, review, and ensure the accurate and timely dissemination of all client reporting requirements, including quarterly performance updates, commentaries, prospectus guidelines, compliance certifications, etc.
- Support the planning and execution of all aspects of client events, both on-site and off-site
- Monitor industry publications and other sources to stay abreast of industry trends and identify relevant news regarding intermediary clients
- Manage ad-hoc projects that support the maintenance and growth of intermediary relationships, which may include following up with clients after events, actively promoting the firm's marketing publications and establishing systems for efficient use of the firm's resources
- Participate in intermediary client and prospect meetings, maintain CRM notes and files and manage follow-up.
- 2-5 years of sales / marketing / client services experience within the asset management industry (knowledge of intermediary sales channels a plus)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work successfully within a team structure
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Outstanding organization skills and the ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Strong computer skills, particularly with PowerPoint and Excel
- Broad understanding of financial markets and products
- Experience with CRM systems
- Bachelors degree