Senior Associate, Marketing Data Analyst
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 15 Oct 18
Senior Associate, Marketing Data Analyst
New York Life Investments (NYLIM), an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company, is a top 25 global asset management firm. With more than $500 billion in assets under management, NYLIM is a premier investment management firm serving a variety of client segments including retail, institutional, insurance and defined contribution and benefit on a global basis. New York Life Investments offers a diverse set of investment capabilities ranging from traditional equity and fixed income to alternative investment strategies and multi-asset solutions. Renowned for its premier investment acumen and client focus, NYLIM's vision is to be one of the most trusted providers of investment management expertise and long-term financial security.
Looking for a highly motivated Marketing Data Analyst with well-rounded experience to join New York Life Investments Business Intelligence team. The Business Intelligence and Analytics team is a center of excellence supporting our Retail Investment Management business across Distribution, Marketing, Service and Executive Management team. We partner with and support each area, leveraging data to drive business strategy, decision making and support our sales and marketing efforts. The Data Analyst position will be responsible for marketing data and analytics supporting New York Life Investments Retail Asset Management business. The position will primarily partner with and support Marketing, and Product.
The successful candidate for this position will be an analytical thinker, have a general understanding of digital marketing in financial services, performs well under tight deadlines and is attentive to details. In addition, experience with data transformation and helping people understand how data can help them make better decisions would be valuable. This is a hands-on role in a fast-paced environment requiring the ideal candidate to perform exceptionally as an individual and team member.
- Leverage SQL programming skills to run extensive data queries across large volumes of data, and multiple data sources
- Apply analytical and programming skills to mine the sales, assets and touchpoints database for insights
- Employ knowledge of SQL, Tableau, and BI applications to design, execute, and ensure quality of automated reports, dashboards and ad hoc requests for the marketing team and other stakeholders
- Utilizing statistical techniques to assess channel efficiency and recommending optimal marketing mix by channel and by product
- Determining the cadence, sequence of customer touchpoints across channels and analyzing path to conversion
- Providing segmentation and personalization recommendations for digital marketing channels, as well as optimizing existing marketing systems and processes
- Conduct data research and support for the development of sales and marketing materials.
- Demonstrate strong business and analytical acumen when reviewing data for inconsistencies or anomalies that could skew analytical results
- Bachelor's degree and 2-3 years' experience working in business intelligence or marketing, preferably in a financial service.
- Experience linking multiple data platforms with BI and data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau)
- Experience working in Big data environment (Hadoop, Hive, Impala, Spark, etc.) is preferred
- Experience with SQL, Scripting, and proficiency in at least two of the following languages; R, SQL, VBA, Python is a plus.
- Experience in Eloqua, Salesforce and/or Adobe Analytics is preferable
- Knowledge in interpreting social media analytics, content tagging and familiarity with campaign and website analytics is a plus
- Mutual fund or ETF product knowledge is a plus but not required
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.