- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Senior Associate - Commercial Operations
Location: New York, NY, USARole & Responsibilities :
This role is responsible for programs, projects and support resources. The role is primarily focused on supporting the Moody's US/Canada Commercial Group teams and management of projects and efforts that support the global operations. The individual will be measured on successful implementation of specific initiatives and increase in operational effectiveness. The role has oversight for the US/Canada Salesforce governance process, Business Continuity Planning and Analytics Reporting.
Under the supervision of the VP Commercial Operations, assigns work to and manages the performance of Commercial Operations Support associates providing internal and customer facing support related to the Commercial systems used for on-board and customer relationship management.
- Oversee Salesforce and other technology adoption in US/Canada focusing on enhancing customer experience.
- Provide support to global Commercial Group team to diagnose, improve, document and implement changes to existing/new processes to increase efficiency and reduce low value added tasks.
- Support the Relationship Management Regional team by providing user support and management reporting.
- Support Relationship Management Operations leadership on the implementation and roll out of new and/or revised business process and serve as the central point of regional coordination in the development of new and revision of existing business process.
- Define and oversee the implementation of the reporting roadmap in Salesforce/Birst for the Commercial team globally in collaboration with the regional colleagues.
- Act as a Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for the Business Continuity Planing and coordinate regional efforts to raise awareness on its relevant components and each individuals role.
- Lead the technology efforts around articulating a strong MIS value proposition through Issuer Value Snapshot.
- Oversee the regional technology governance process by reviewing and developing specifications for the list of ideas submitted within the region. Advocate on behalf of the region so as to include regional requests on the list of planned enhancements.
- Build, maintain and leverage excellent relationships with internal stakeholders across MIS, with particular emphasis on the Sales organization in assigned region(s).
- Develop, draft and deliver documentation in support of regulatory and procedural changes.
- Participate in and coordinate activities regionally in support of ad hoc projects.
- Audit, uncover and resolve data issues as well as define and implement data cleanup routines
- Work with the Sales teams, Ratings, Billing, Collections, GMO and Pricing to achieve onboarding and account management efficiencies.
- Represent the Commercial Ops team in internal meetings where applicable.
The Department / Team:
As part of the Commercial Group, the Commercial Operations (CommOps) team is responsible for overseeing the projects, processes and day-to-day operations of the sales organization. Under the leadership of Commercial management, the Group has an active Transformation Program in progress to expand the capability and effectiveness of its business development efforts and customers portfolio management focusing on improving the customer experience, increase market coverage and revenues for the company. This role is pivotal in helping the organization to improve sales performance through better processes, technology and methodologies.
- Proven team player with ability to work independently.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics or IT background. Master degree will be appreciated.
- 3-5 years of working experience with a solid background in Project Management, Process Management or Sales Support Operations.
- Working knowledge of the Quote to Cash process recommended.
- Working knowledge of CRM, Campaign Management and Business Intelligence technologies, work experience with Salesforce, Marketo and/or Birst a plus.
- Exposure to and/or knowledge of the role and function of Rating Agencies a plus.
- Experience with defining, designing, documenting and implementing business processes.
- Advanced Excel capabilities and related data manipulation a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Access and Visio.
- Sound judgment-capable of developing independent opinion and defending own views.
- Thinks critically and exercises sound judgment. Fully explores problems and/or opportunities and provides solutions proactively.
- Sets high standards for performance. Focuses on results with a sense of urgency. Overcomes obstacles. Brings issues to closure.
- Completes work tasks efficiently and effectively. Prioritizes time and tasks. Handles multiple demands/priorities. Effectively executes plans.
- Adjusts quickly to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change. Demonstrates resilience in the face of adversity and frustration.
- Speaks and writes clearly and persuasively. Tailors message to audience. Listens effectively.
- Produces work of an appropriate quantity and quality for the position and the individual's level of experience. Takes responsibility for actions/results.
- Supports other team members. Willing to compromise. Interacts positively. Places organizational priorities above personal goals.
- Has some experience overseeing and directing the work of others, either through influence or direct reporting relationship.
- Willingness to travel to Moody's regional and occasionally global offices (5-10%).
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.