Senior Associate/Middle Market - Sponsor & Special Finance
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Advantage XPO
- 12 Dec 17 2017-12-12
Our client has $25.1 billion in assets and provides business and consumer banking, mortgage, financial planning, trust, and investment services through 176 banking centers and 349 ATMs. They also provide telephone banking, mobile banking, and Internet banking.
About the Group:
The Sponsor and Specialty Finance division provides customized secured commercial loans to middle-market companies, typically backed by private equity capital. Their loans are used by clients to facilitate acquisitions, fund working capital, finance growth/capital expenditures, and restructurings. Sponsor and Specialty Finance focuses on general commercial industries but also has dedicated specialty lending teams that cover healthcare, technology, media and franchise businesses. They are headquartered in Boston, MA and have offices in CT and NY.
As a Sr. Associate for the Bank's Sponsor and Specialty Finance team, you will conduct financial and business due diligence primarily on capital markets companies to determine the credit worthiness of prospective borrowers. You will also manage the financial performance of a dedicated portfolio of accounts. Potential candidates at this level are typically building upon the skills required to close and manage leveraged loan transactions and have a higher level of responsibility under minimal supervision. You will be a meaningful contributor and assume increasing levels of responsibility with underwriting, managing accounts and referral source relationships.
Key responsibilities include cash flow modeling, financial analysis, and company & industry research. Associates prepare internal credit memos and will have the opportunity to present the underwriting diligence and portfolio management results to an investment committee. There is opportunity for increased responsibility as the Associate progresses from updating portfolio memos and analyzing financial statements to eventually leading client interactions and assisting in developing solutions that maximize outcomes for the Bank.
Throughout the underwriting and portfolio management processes the Sr. Associate will interact with multiple stakeholders and have the opportunity to teach and mentor junior deal team members. You will interact with sponsor coverage teams, credit professionals, capital markets, private equity sponsors, company management, and investment bankers, as well as legal counsel, loan closers and operations personnel.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years' experience in leveraged finance at a commercial bank, investment bank, or transaction advisory firm with strong commercial credit experience.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency with financial statement modeling.
- Experience underwriting middle market sponsored transactions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with little to no supervision.
- Experience in middle market healthcare services is highly preferred, but not required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, business or related discipline. MBA considered a plus.
- Graduate of a formalized credit training program.
- Received or working towards either CFA or CPA professional certifications.
- Exposure / experience with the credit agreements / legal documentation of leveraged loans.