Senior Application Specialist, Enterprise
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 19 Feb 19
Senior Application Specialist, Enterprise
The Role:Do you value supporting revenue growth and retention? Do you have experience ensuring a positive client experience throughout the entire sales cycle? As an Application Specialist at S&P Global Market Intelligence, you are responsible for making sure that clients are able to improve utilization of our products from a content and technical perspective.
The Location: Charlottesville, VA, Boston, MA, New York City, NY The Grade: (for internal use only) 10A
The Team: Primary problem solving challenges for this position revolve around an understanding of the client's business and how our products and solutions can make valuable contributions to their business, as well as the challenges related to hardware/software installation and training. Your ability to tackle the myriad of problems related to product installation, training and use, is essential to success in the position and the overall success in growing and retaining existing business.
- Assist Sales in opportunities in a product specialist capacity
- Deploy solutions at client sites; ensure that our software is configured to work within their environment
- Train clients in the use of our content and platform, ensuring that their specific data and application needs are addressed and that they receive maximum value from their use of these products, increasing retention
- Expand usage, capture intelligence and communicate internally to find opportunities that contributes to revenue retention and growth.
- Provide feedback on existing products and participate in the development process of new products. Suggest applications that could improve the usefulness and value of our products based on experience with supporting accounts.
- Take ownership of obtaining and organizing information about clients' applications and content needs, technical environments, developing relationships, assessing the potential for additional sales in the various accounts, and keeping records of installation and support activities to ensure that a knowledgebase of success/shortfall is maintained and shared with other staff members as a resource for future activities.
- Activities are sales-oriented as you are the point-person for client contact, communicating with the client on a periodic basis and having the opportunity to assess a client's personnel, application, technology and future needs.
- Serve as a primary regional information source for clients about what is available (or may be planned)
- Work with Sales to help qualify and understand the needs of prospective clients.
- You should possess an undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics, or Business.
- A strong understanding of fundamental data and financial investment concepts is necessary.
- Prior experience with SQL or a major programming language.
- Familiarity with RDBMS configuration and/or administration (SQL Server, Oracle)
- Formal training and/or experience in personal computer diagnostics, hardware/software problem-solving techniques (in both local & network environments), and support processes.
- Superb communication, training and presentation skills.
- Fluent in verbal and written English, other languages are a plus.
- Superb communication, training and analytical skills. Finance knowledge and/or experience (equities and/or fixed income).
- Familiarity with industry-leading financial data and delivery platforms (e.g., Compustat, Capital IQ, SNL, ClariFI) or familiarity with relational databases;
- CFA designation is helpful.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Knowledge of the fixed income market
- Experience working with financial data feeds is a plus.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.