Senior Appian Developer, IT
At Fitch, we have an open culture where employees are able to exchange ideas and perspectives, throughout the organization, irrespective of their seniority. Your voice will be heard allowing you to have a real impact. We embrace diversity and appreciate authenticity, employees work in an environment where they can be their true selves. Our inclusive and progressive approach helps us to keep a balanced perspective.
With our expertise, we are not only creating data and information, but also producing timely insights from every angle to influence decision making in this ever changing and highly competitive market. We have a relentless hunger to innovate and unlock the power of human insights and to drive value for our customers. There has never been a better time to make an impact and we invite you to join us on this journey.
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws.
Fitch is looking to hire a Senior Developer/Technical Lead to help front the use of Appian technology within its IT department. We are currently using Appian on a high profile project looking at improving the way we automate the data content that our Analysts use, but will then look to this person to help evangelise the use of Appian. The role requires someone who has exceptional technical skills, as well as the influencing skills to drive the wider adoption of the technology. Roles & Responsibilities
• Work with Appian Consultants and developers to Design and Architect the program
• Work closely with project's Product Owners / Business Analyst/Enterprise Architects to understand requirements and advise on technical capabilities/limitations of Appian
• Develop workflows, low code UIs and rules for the program
• Provide production support and help set support best practices to Appian applications
• Integrate Appian with legacy applications, design custom plugins, where necessary
• Guide the team on BPMS and Appian best practises
• Lead the team on setting up the Appian CICD pipeline and integrate it with organisations delivery mechanism
• Conduct Explorations and POCs on Appian capabilities and their right usage within the organisation
• Help set governance and administration models on Appian for the organisation
• Champion Appian usage and highlight its capabilities within the organisation
• Stay current on latest BPMS trends and Appian features Required Skills
• Extensive experience of enterprise software development with solid design and development experience in Appian
• Expertise in Appian Architecture, Design and best practices, mainly in workflow, rules and low code UI capabilities of Appian
• Strong background in relational database design and SQL
• Working knowledge in application servers, web servers, operating systems, and web application architectural concepts
• Expertise in Test automation with Appian
• Familiar with Appian setup, administration, performance optimisation and support in a cloud model
• Self-starter, Independent thinker and problem solver
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience working with a mixed co-located & offshore team
• Strong understanding of software development lifecycles (SDLC) with a primary focus on agile methodologies. Desirable skills
• Appian Level 3 credential
• Experience with Appian SharePoint plugin and office tools
• Familiarity with web services, FTP, JMS, and other web integration technologies
• Deployment tools (Bamboo, Ant, Maven)
• Source control tools (GIT/BitBucket)
• Familiarity of Cloud Computing AWS or Azure (Compute, Storage, Database, Deployment and Application Services)
• Experience with Jira and Confluence
• Experience in Financial Services industry
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites: www.fitchratings.com | www.fitchsolutions.com | www.fitchlearning.com
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.