Senior Analyst, Investment Management Relationship Management
Who we are:
For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world's leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. BNY Mellon has approximately $16.5 billion in revenues and a 23% return on tangible common equity.
BNY Mellon is a leader in the world of investment services and investment management, and our businesses support the full range of stakeholders of the financial system including:
What we do:
- Managing the custody of approximately $37 trillion financial assets of the world's leading institutional investors, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds, and corporates
- Investing approximately $2 trillion as one of the largest global asset managers across a wide range of asset classes
- Providing collateral, liquidity, and funding for the world's largest banks through our markets franchise
- Serving family offices and high net worth individuals through our wealth management franchise
- Providing a full suite of solutions to advisors, broker-dealers, family offices, hedge and '40 Act fund managers, registered investment advisor firms and wealth managers
- Advising large global corporations on a range of trust and other solutions
- Providing integrated managed data services to asset managers
Asset Servicing powers the investment process for clients. We turn data into insights to help clients make more informed decisions; and enable access to capital markets and liquidity solutions, driving investment outcomes. We run their operations, delivering efficiency and scale on a resilient platform; core capabilities include global custody, fund accounting, integrated middle-office solutions, and transfer agency services. Through an open, modular network, we collaborate with leading providers to integrate best-in-class solutions, offering clients choice and flexibility. Asset Servicing clients are some of the world's largest and most sophisticated asset managers and asset owners, including banks, corporations, mutual funds, sovereign wealth funds and pensions.
The Digital organization sets the direction for BNY Mellon's digital future and drives investments in our digital capabilities, including data management, analytics, artificial intelligence, machine learning and robotics. In 2020, Digital was combined with Asset Servicing to accelerate the business' digital and data transformation, and to ensure it is future ready and positioned to support clients' changing priorities and needs. JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Analyst assists with tasks associated with development of new business, retaining existing revenue streams, broadening of existing relationships and ensures the highest level of customer service through research, analytics, and internal coordination. The Analyst works closely with the Investment Management Relationship Management and oversees administration of assigned client accounts, ensuring satisfaction, swift response to client needs, efficient problem resolution, contract and operational compliance, risk mitigation and other responsibilities. Consults with client Relationship Managers on best practices, solutions and regulatory changes to support client engagement. Supported clients are typically large clients, of high complexity that span multiple products. Analysts are building breadth of knowledge on the firm's products/services and are gaining exposure to client accounts and issues.
Analysts Primary responsibilities include:
Qualifications PREFERRED QUALIFICATION:
- Helps the assigned RMs execute on large, complex client accounts, ensuring continued client satisfaction. Executes on administrative and operational changes related to best practices, organizational solutions and regulatory changes.
- Oversees the maintenance of the CRM database, ensuring data integrity and quality assurance for covered client group
- Serves as a liaison between various groups to ensure accuracy of sales reporting and performs ad hoc research reporting when requested
- Researches, constructs, organizes, presents and drives the implementation of client account plans.
- Tracks and reports on client metrics.
- Helps prepare business overviews for assigned clients, such as pipeline, trending, and year over year analysis. Helps provide baseline revenue generation reporting and verifies information with associated businesses
- Liaises with appropriate internal contacts to ensure client inquiries and requests are satisfied in an accurate and timely fashion
- Prepares and sees to execution all Fee Schedule activities associated with assigned client group
- Serves as a liaison between product groups to ensure delivery of appropriate solutions to clients
- Assists with client presentations, client meetings, product collaboration, and sale execution
- Broadens understanding of the business environment of assigned clients, industry trends and competitor services/offerings.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong market research and analysis skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Logical and efficient.
- Keen attention to detail
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
- 5-7 years of total work experience is preferred.
- Financial industry experience preferred.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Asset Servicing Organization:
Asset Servicing Admin Groups-HR08979 Requisition Number: