Senior Analyst - ETF Operations
The IHS Markit Equities Data and Analytics (EDA) area covers three products offering key market analytics to a broad range of industry participants for Securities Finance, ETF and Benchmark Solution (EBS), and Dividend Forecasting.
The role is for an ETF and Index subject matter expert (SME) to work within the EBS operations team who are responsible for daily execution and management of the existing product suite with a focus on derived and real-time products, including PCFs, iNAVs, VIIVs, Custom Indices, and Custom ETFs. Duties & accountabilities:
Education & experience:
- Ensure the quality and time-efficient production of financial information to respective products.
- Liaise with clients and data vendors on complex queries.
- Monitor and research market events to anticipate changes.
- Work with and involve cross functional teams to provide Root Cause Analysis to identify solutions in problem areas.
- Consolidate information around the dataset leading to the establishment of best practices.
- Perform automated/semi-automated checks to ensure production of high-quality content.
- Identify data quality improvement projects, and good design practices.
- Assess market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products.
- Provide source data for product line communications.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to the team effort.
- University educated
- 2+ years' experience within the ETF or Indexing industry
- Preference for ETF Subject Matter Expert
- Preference for indexing experience
- Preference for corporate actions experience
- Preference for ETF pricing including real-time and ETF capital market experience
- Proficiency in SQL, Excel, Python
- Global financial market and trends
- Proactive and able to work independently
- Ability to listen, learn quickly and demonstrate initiative
- Very good attention to detail
- Delivery focused
- Good at working under pressure
- Must be an excellent written and verbal communicator
- Committed to high quality output
- Strong teamwork skills with peers and other key stakeholders
- Ability to collaborate effectively with team
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.