Senior Analyst - ESG Innovation and Analytics
Senior Analyst - ESG Innovation and Analytics Location:
New York Grade:
11 The Role:
S&P Global Trucost is a leader in ESG data and risk analysis, providing data, tools and insights to companies and financial institutions for the last 18 years in order to inform capital allocation to more sustainable business models and better communicate ESG performance to their stakeholders.
We are looking for a Senior Analyst based in NYC to join our ESG Innovation and Analytics Team, part of S&P Global's newly formed ESG Organization. The role is dedicated to the development and delivery of S&P Global's ESG products and services to companies, banks, asset managers and pension funds globally. The role provides an opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects in the field of sustainable finance.
The Senior Analyst will contribute product and technical expertise, leading the development of Custom ESG Analytics products that are focused primarily on measuring the ESG performance of companies, investment products and portfolios using S&P Global's proprietary data, methods, and analytics. Compensation/Benefits Information:
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $74,400 to $154,400. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
This role is eligible to receive S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . The Opportunity:
In this role, you will be working on products that help a diverse range of clients across the investment value chain with the disclosure and management of ESG risks and opportunities. The Custom ESG Analytics products that you develop will support clients in meeting reporting needs in line with international and sector-specific reporting frameworks, including CDP, TCFD and the SDGs. The Impact
: S&P Global Trucost's expertise is providing data leveraged analytics and insights on ESG performance so that businesses and investors can understand how to direct investments that create value and avoid risk. We've been informing companies, financial institutions, regulators and thought leaders since 2000. S&P Global Trucost's carbon data underpins the S&P Global Carbon Efficient Index series selected by Government Pension Investment fund for Japan (GPIF) to serve as the benchmark for their ESG investment strategy. S&P Global Trucost's clients also include DBS Bank, ERAFP, Fidelity, Future Fund, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, State Street Global Advisors and UBS among many others. The Team:
Our team is composed of experienced professionals driven to identify the transformative solutions of tomorrow. The business has a casual and friendly atmosphere with an entrepreneurial spirit. We value teamwork and it is crucial that you are a team player to be successful within our organization. The Hiring Manager says:
"I am looking for a Senior Analyst with an excellent understanding of ESG factors and how they can be applied to support business and investment decision-making. You must be passionate about developing products that help businesses and investors understand their ESG risks and opportunities and communicate ESG performance to their stakeholders". Key responsibilities:
- Develop Custom ESG Analytics solutions that provide in-depth analytical insights on the ESG performance of companies, investment products and portfolios using S&P Global's proprietary data, methods, and analytics
- Clearly communicate insights and technical approaches to clients verbally and in writing, including documenting analytical methodologies for reports and developing graphs, charts, and other outputs appropriate for use by senior executives
- Support the delivery of Custom ESG Analytics solutions to key strategic clients in the financial institutions and corporate segments
- Support ESG Specialists in S&P Global's ESG Commercial Team by developing technical approaches for proposals or RFP/RFI responses that recognize client needs and convey our value proposition
- Work collaboratively with S&P Global's technical, product development, technology, commercial and marketing teams on new product innovation
- Work closely with S&P Global's ESG product development team to build out new data and analytics products on our technology platforms
- Develop product-related content (including white papers, product brochures, methodology documents, and blogs) relevant to regional markets and segments
- Represent S&P Global conferences and seminars
- Ideally the candidate would be highly experienced in developing and applying ESG metrics to support business and investment decision-making. This could include working in a product management role for an ESG data provider or in a sustainability consultancy firm
- Other relevant experience would include working as an analyst within an asset manager, pension fund or bank, helping to integrate environmental factors into the investment or lending decision making processes
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including confidently presenting complex information to clients in ways that they can easily understand and inform their actions
- Personable, with a demonstrated strength in planning and executing work assignments independently, and as part of an international analytics and client delivery team
- Working experience in data analytics, including coding in Python or R, complemented by excellent Excel skills
- Self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, with a positive, "can do" attitude
S&P Global Market Intelligence
- 3-5 years professional work experience in the finance and sustainability industry
- An undergraduate and postgraduate degree in relevant subjects such as Economics, Finance, Environmental Economics, Development Economics or Environmental Sciences or relevant work experience
- A good understanding of financial markets and investing, as well as knowledge of some of the following sustainability areas that companies and financial institutions are involved in: ESG integration; environmental fund or index creation; environmental risk analysis; green finance, and reporting of investments in different asset classes and across company value chains
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize technical data to develop insights on environmental and financial performance at the company and portfolio level
- The candidate should be conscious of detail and numerically proficient with natural curiosity, and an innovative approach to problem solving
- Fluent written and spoken English. Additional languages (in particular Spanish, German, Mandarin or French) will be looked upon favorably
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence. EOE Statement:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), PDMGDV202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
260349 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States