Senior Analyst - Customer Service
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 19 Mar 18 2018-03-19
Senior Analyst - Customer Service
New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life's surplus was $23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
The Senior Analyst will lead efforts to translate data into actionable insights that can be leveraged to achieve desired business outcomes. The candidate will utilize various analysis methodologies, tools, and techniques to develop insights and communicate those insights to support the agenda of the Service organization. The Senior Analyst will provide critical support to prioritized projects and continuous improvement efforts of the service teams. He / she will provide business leadership with the information they need to understand how our business is performing, forecast business needs, and identify opportunities to improve the overall customer experience. This role will engage with business leaders to understand requirements and implement proper data quality both through control processes and pre/post data movement process.
Key Responsibilities :
- Assist in the development of innovative analytics and a strategic road map to support the organization's desired customer experience and business strategies.
- Assess data received for content and meaning, identify business trends and opportunities, and summarize findings in compelling, creative and accessible ways for management.
- Help develop service strategies by assisting with needs assessments, estimating cost/benefits, defining experience requirements, and contributing information and analysis to organizational strategic plans and reviews.
- Synthesize customer, operational, and employee insights to assist in driving strategy, and present findings to leadership in compelling, creative and accessible ways.
- Assist in the creation and management of analytical tools that transform operational data into actionable business intelligence.
- Perform detailed data exploration and validation from a variety of sources
- Collaborate with other departments to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor Degree Required (Preferred discipline Mathematics or Economics)
- 5 - 7 years of related experience
- Must have strong working knowledge of statistical concepts and demonstrated ability to leverage them to inform business decisions
- Expertise in Excel
- Experience with Tableau/ Spotfire or other data visualization tools required
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Strong ability to communicate in written, oral and presentation formats to best represent and express user and organizational requirements to various internal and external audiences and management
- Responds and communicates efficiently within user and IT organizations to facilitate resolution of user issues as and when necessary
- Communicates equally effectively in business and technical terms
- Experience with operations insights, preferred
Functional Knowledge : Understands key business drivers; uses knowledge of best practices and the competition to improve processes and procedures
Problem Solving : Solves a broad range of problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information and education and/or equivalent experience
Decision Making/ Nature of Impact : Makes decisions within broad guidelines and policies that impact own team and other related teams
Communication Requirements : Explains difficult or sensitive information; collaborates with others to build consensus
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
* Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
** Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company's long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.