Senior Analyst/Associate Director - Enhanced Analytics Corporates
At Fitch, we have an open culture where employees are able to exchange ideas and perspectives, throughout the organization, irrespective of their seniority. Your voice will be heard allowing you to have a real impact. We embrace diversity and appreciate authenticity, employees work in an environment where they can be their true selves. Our inclusive and progressive approach helps us to keep a balanced perspective.
With our expertise, we are not only creating data and information, but also producing timely insights from every angle to influence decision making in this ever changing and highly competitive market. We have a relentless hunger to innovate and unlock the power of human insights and to drive value for our customers. There has never been a better time to make an impact and we invite you to join us on this journey.
Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide have helped fund a century of growth and enables you to make important credit judgments with confidence.
Fitch is seeking a Senior Analyst or Associate Director (title will be commensurate with experience) to join the Global Corporates group as a member of the Data & Analytics team.
The Global Corporates group provides ratings, research and data on thousands of debt-issuing corporations to market participants around the world. Data & Analytics is an entrepreneurial team of hybrid analysts within the broader Global Corporates group that operate at the intersection of traditional research and technology. We are a highly visible team and play an integral role in building solutions to support the rating and research efforts of over 300 analysts globally. We also harness the data and insights generated by the analysts using our tools to develop our own data-driven research and products. These products can be internal or external and can range from traditional research reports to interactive visualizations. We are seeking a new team member that can help us further build out our data infrastructure while also becoming knowledgeable about corporate credit research from an operational and analytical perspective.
The key responsibilities of the position will include but are not limited to:
• Develop, support and maintain the applications used in the rating and research process
• Integrate and mine large data sets, connecting data from disparate sources to identify critical insights and pragmatic data solutions
• Collaborate with functional experts and organizational leaders in the implementation of new products and process improvements
• Produce data-driven reports and presentations for internal and external use
* Bachelor's degree in a technical/quantitative field.
* At least 1-2 years experience as a data engineer or data analyst
* Experience and expertise working with relational/non-relational databases and understanding of storage technologies (MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB)
* Have a keen interest in finance and business. Knowledge/experience in finance/accounting, economics or capital markets a plus.
* Experience in deployment, maintenance and administration tasks related to Clouse (AWS), Docker, Kubernetes a plus.
* Experience with Agile development concepts and related tools
* Strong attention to detail and problem solving ability
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites: www.fitchratings.com | www.fitchsolutions.com | www.fitchlearning.com
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.