We are currently seeking a Senior Accountant in the Regulatory Controllers group. The team is committed to providing quality accounting and reporting functions to our business partners. As a key member of this team, you will have the opportunity to oversee various legal entities across jurisdictions, work with diverse teams, and drive initiatives to improve efficiency in a fast paced environment. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Provide day-to-day operational and accounting support for designated entities and be responsible month-end close processes including revenue review, expense/accrual analysis, variance analysis, and preparation of journal entries
- Be responsible for operational processes including invoice tracking, manual wire processing, and intercompany agreements compliance
- Prepare monthly and quarterly P&L and balance sheet analysis, and board packages with explanations and research on variances
- Prepare quarterly/semi-annual/annual regulatory reports that are filed with the regulatory bodies in US or foreign jurisdictions
- Compile annual audited financial statements with related footnotes in accordance with US GAAP or IFRS
- Assist with year-end audits, and ensure all necessary work is performed, and that auditors' questions and follow-up items are addressed
- Communicate and collaborate with various business partners which includes business operational teams, business unit CFOs, FP&A and other accounting and tax teams
- Maintain updated internal controls documentation ensure controls are operate effectively
- Identify and implement process improvements to build efficiencies and strengthen internal controls
- Complete d-hoc requests and special projects
We'd love to see:
- 7+ years of experience in accounting and reporting
- Bachelors or master's degree in Accounting
- Advanced Microsoft Excel/Word/PowerPoint skills
- Strong quantitative, data manipulation skills, and ability to work with large data sets while succinctly summarizing conclusions
- Effective communication skills and ability to communicate well with senior management both verbally and written.
- A team focused attitude and the ability to change priorities as needed and willingness to help others; be a self-starter and hold strong professional ethics
Does this sound like you?
- A combination of private and public accounting experience, with a minimum of 3 years in public accounting
- Experience within financial services, a broker dealer, or any regulated industry
- Experience in FOCUS or overseas regulatory reporting
- Proficiency in SAP or a similar accounting system
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.