Due to the expansion of the US business and anticipation of new products and services to be launched, the Company is hiring a talented Senior Accountant professional to join our team.
- Prepare monthly stand-alone and/or consolidated financial reports.
- Prepare journal entries, general ledgers, account analyses, reconciliations, revenue and expense accruals and variance analyses.
- Assist in developing accounting policies and procedures, and establishing internal controls to meet the changing needs of the business.
- Coordinate with external service providers on corporate audits, tax return preparations, regulatory examinations and other consulting projects.
- Perform variance analysis and interpret the results.
- Assess internal controls, including risk assessments and recommending ways to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Conduct technical accounting research and document accounting positions for application to financial reporting.
- Monitor and communicate new and emerging accounting standards.
- Participate in various discussions and projects, interact with senior management and relevant stakeholders, and provide advice on product development, process improvement and rules and regulations assessments.
- Assist in testing and implementing the Company’s systems and any financial or accounting projects.
- Participate in treasury function such as capital and petty cash management.
- Review daily process for trading and settlement data.
- Review / assist in accounts payable process.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines;
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy, attention to detail and work ethic;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Mandarin;
- Good team player with excellent inter-personal skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoints skills;
- Knowledge of Oracle Financial is preferred;
- Knowledge of fixed income products is a plus.
- 3+ years of relevant accounting experience, with financial services experience preferred
- B.S. or B.A. in Accounting or Finance is required; CPA preferred